ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Urgent Help Teir1 General Age Points

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

kashifsaddiqui
Newly Registered

Urgent Help Teir1 General Age Points

Post by kashifsaddiqui » Tue Sep 27, 2011 9:32 pm

Hi,
I am applying for my visa Tier 1 General visa extension in November this year, i am currently at the moment 30years of age . My date of birth is 22/11/1980 and my visa expires on 10/11/11 .

I wanted to confirm that when i will apply for my visa extension will home office consider my age as 30 or 31 as according to my date of birth I will still be 30 before 22/11/1980 .

Please give suggestions as if home office will consider my age 30 then i can gain 20 points in age section .

ajf773

Post by ajf773 » Tue Sep 27, 2011 9:34 pm

Yea, it's the age you are on the commencement date on your first Tier 1. The points calculator should validate that answer for you

pgaitonde
Member of Standing

Re: Urgent Help Teir1 General Age Points

Post by pgaitonde » Wed Sep 28, 2011 10:39 am

The visa officer will consider the date when you applied..if the application is processed after your birthday this year even then you would get 20 points for your age.

nazbe
Newly Registered

Re: Urgent Help Teir1 General Age Points

Post by nazbe » Wed Sep 28, 2011 7:26 pm

[quote="kashifsaddiqui"]Hi,
I am applying for my visa Tier 1 General visa extension in November this year, i am currently at the moment 30years of age . My date of birth is 22/11/1980 and my visa expires on 10/11/11 .

Your age at the time your first successfull application was made. For example I got my first tier 1 application in October 2008. I was 29 then, so the points I get will be for that which is 10 points. Even though I am 32 now at the point of extending it. Got it? :roll:
I just got my tier 1 extension today so you can trust my words!!! yey! :D

kashifsaddiqui
Newly Registered

Age Points

Post by kashifsaddiqui » Wed Sep 28, 2011 11:35 pm

He,
Can someone please confirm me the points calculator on UKBA website does it calculate the points correctly.

As I am still confused with the statement that the home office will consider my date of birth at the time of my first successful application .

As I thought that points calculator calculates everything itself .

As if you put age as 30 it gives you 20 points however if you put your age as 31 then you only get 10 points.

Thanks for your help

mulderpf
Diamond Member

Post by mulderpf » Thu Sep 29, 2011 6:40 am

Read the guidance - when processing your application, they will use the guidance and the application form and not the calculator. Suggest that you look at this to stop all this confusion as once you have read it, you will have peace of mind.

nazbe
Newly Registered

Re: Age Points

Post by nazbe » Thu Sep 29, 2011 12:47 pm

kashifsaddiqui wrote:He,
Can someone please confirm me the points calculator on UKBA website does it calculate the points correctly.

As I am still confused with the statement that the home office will consider my date of birth at the time of my first successful application .

As I thought that points calculator calculates everything itself .

As if you put age as 30 it gives you 20 points however if you put your age as 31 then you only get 10 points.

Thanks for your help

Hi

I don't understand why you can't believe??? Don't look at the UKBA calculator it is rubbish, it just confuses. Only look at the application form.

Look at Point G - it is quiet straight forward.

Attributes
G. Age Assessment

Before filling in this section of the form, the applicant should refer to the Immigration Rules and the Tier 1 (General) of the points based system Policy Guidance
G1. Please tick the relevant box to confirm the points claimed by the applicant on the basis of his/her age at the date of application for the first grant of leave in the category.
Applications for leave to remain where the applicant has, or has had, leave as a Highly Skilled Migrant, as a Writer, Composer or Artist, Self-employed Lawyer, or as a Tier 1 (General) Migrant under the Rules in place before 6 April 2010, and has not been granted leave in any categories other than these since 6 April 2010
Under 28 years of age
20 points
28 or 29 years of age
10 points
30 or 31 years of age
5 points