ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

joint utility bills and form eu 3

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

scow
Newly Registered

joint utility bills and form eu 3

Post by scow » Wed Sep 28, 2011 11:06 am

I applied for pr as i have been married for eu citizen for the last 5 years, i have stamp 4 eu, but they insisted that I have to submit utility bills in our names, I provided them with all other required document,but they say my application will only be processed further when i gave them the joint bills,which i haven't got, (for the first 2 years they refused to give the stamp eu4,so my wife had all the bills in her name,and secondly as irish people dont need to have joint bills,i didnt think of having one.)
is it a reason to refuse my application?
what can i do about it?
do i need a lawyer?
do i need to apply again for eu 1 ?
please give me ur advices

Monifé

Re: joint utility bills and form eu 3

Post by Monifé » Wed Sep 28, 2011 2:14 pm

scow wrote:I applied for pr as i have been married for eu citizen for the last 5 years, i have stamp 4 eu, but they insisted that I have to submit utility bills in our names, I provided them with all other required document,but they say my application will only be processed further when i gave them the joint bills,which i haven't got, (for the first 2 years they refused to give the stamp eu4,so my wife had all the bills in her name,and secondly as irish people dont need to have joint bills,i didnt think of having one.)
is it a reason to refuse my application?
what can i do about it?
do i need a lawyer?
do i need to apply again for eu 1 ?
please give me ur advices
Do you have any official joint correspondence sent to your home address?

If you have a joint bank account, this would be evidence of your joint address. Also official correspondence in your name and official correspondence in your wifes name would also be evidence.

Write INIS a letter stating that you hold no joint utility bills and that (if you can) are providing other evidence of joint financial agreements (rental lease in both names or mortgage would be other evidence) and other evidence that prove that you both live at the same address.
beloved is the enemy of freedom, and deserves to be met head-on and stamped out - Pierre Berton

knapps
Member of Standing

Post by knapps » Wed Sep 28, 2011 2:22 pm

Don't get me wrong.

However, it is hard for me to believe that you have no bill in your name

or

she has no bill in her name

Given you can provide two different entity having same address and your names separately you should be fine. Seek an advice from Solvit immediately.

scow
Newly Registered

Post by scow » Fri Sep 30, 2011 9:03 am

hi guys,
first let me thank you for ur replys.
I did send them the following:
1- rent agreement in our name
2-letters from the tenant board in our names
3-banks statements for each of us
4- tax and letter from empolyer in my wife name
5-letters from landlord and agecy in our names
6-joint visa card bills and statement in our names.
7-bills in my wife name
but after all those document they ask for joint utilty bills
can u imagine it?

i did sent them all the bank statements i have,one for each month while i live here,

please give me ur advice
thank you

fatty patty

Post by fatty patty » Fri Sep 30, 2011 9:40 am

You can even attach mobile phone bills as a proof. It doesn't specifically has to be a "JOINT" bill many couples go separate on the bills its nothing new. Have you got a TV license? if not go get it in both of your names from the post office that is also a proof of address.

IQU
Diamond Member

Post by IQU » Fri Sep 30, 2011 10:33 am

tv license is always only one member name.

fatty patty

Post by fatty patty » Fri Sep 30, 2011 11:20 am

IQU wrote:tv license is always only one member name.
Not necessarily it can be in both names if you mention it to the cashier making it for you.

knapps
Member of Standing

Post by knapps » Fri Sep 30, 2011 3:31 pm

i dont think applying now will make any difference as they will know you got it new TV license . Yes it could be in two names..apply on line if you want.

you supplied enough documents already...that is fine

Monifé

Post by Monifé » Fri Sep 30, 2011 4:23 pm

Write INIS a registered letter stating that you do not have joint utility bills. That you take care of bill X and your wife takes care of bill Y. You do have joint financial agreements such as your rental lease and your credit card. Remind them you have already submitted evidence of that. Other than that, contact SOLVIT because they are taking the p*ss now.
beloved is the enemy of freedom, and deserves to be met head-on and stamped out - Pierre Berton

adeel_x2004
Newly Registered

Post by adeel_x2004 » Sun Oct 02, 2011 1:09 pm

I am an eu citizen and married to a non eu .. as we applied for his residence card on 10th august and got back a letter after a week asking for more documents.
as we provided all the documents asked on the form EU1 , except Prtb letter,
So in the first application we sent all the documents what we asked for except prtb... but when we got a letter back from INIS they asked me to provide three things ....

* Provide more satisfactory evidence of relationship (that you relationship has been in existence for at least two years) such as , joint bank accounts, joint utility bills, joint lease agreement, photos etc.

* they asked me to provide a letter from my employer saying that my job is not a temporary job and i am working there permanently , as in the first letter i got from my employer he didnt mention whether the job is permanent or temporary ...

* PRTB letter on both names.

So ;

I accept for PRTB and my about my employer letter.

But about satisfactory evidence of relationship which is in existence for atleast two years , what is this ?

as we sent joint lease agreement in the first application and marriage certificate itself , like we didnt apply under de facto we applied under spouse of EU...

(WE MET IN JAN 2010 , I GOT PREGNANT MARCH 2010 AND BABY WAS BORN DECEMBER 2010, WE GOT MARRIED MAY 2011 , that much happend in all this time but still these arnt two years , so we dont have any thing joint atleast two years old)

we dont have joint accounts , we dont have cinemas ticekts as we have been going to cinemas but who keeps cinema tickets and there are no names on cinema tickets , and we havnt traveled outside ireland together so we dont have any travel tickets .. what we have , our pictures , house lease the last one and the new one , and we have a our baby's birth cert ..

NOW WE HAVE GOT PRTB LETTERS.

QUESTION 1 -
I HAVE FOUND ANOTHER JOB ITS PERMANENT BUT THE CONTRACT IS CASUAL , I HAVE BEEN WORKING THERE FOR A MONTH 45 TO 52 HRS A WEEK. ITS JUST WRITTEN ON MY CONTRACT , CASUAL
I DONT KNOW IF THIS IS ANY PROBLEM IN INIS FOR HAVING A CASUAL JOB ?

QUESTION 2 -
AND I WILL SEND THEM MY OLD HOUSE LEASE ON ME AND MY HUSBAND'S NAME , OUR PHOTOS AND OUR SON BIRTH CERT.
WHAT YOU SUGGEST ?

It has become very complicated ,

any help would be really appreciated..

Thanks in Advance ...

Monifé

Post by Monifé » Sun Oct 02, 2011 1:31 pm

First of all, any employment is ok, they cannot prejudice you just because it is temporary. Although you should be working at least 15 hours a week.

Since you are married, the only evidence you need to supply of your relationship is your marriage certificate.

Write INIS a registered letter stating that the marriage certificate is sufficient evidence of your marriage under the directive 2004/38/EC but to help with their investigation you are also submitting a previous joint lease, photographs and your baby's birth certificate. Also state in the letter how many hours a week you work and that your contract is of a casual and permanent nature.

No harm getting a letter off your employer stating the hours you work, the position you are in and that the job is permanent.

adeel_x2004
Newly Registered

Post by adeel_x2004 » Sun Oct 02, 2011 2:30 pm

thanks very much for quick reply .... .. .. will do that and will let u know the outcome .. thanks

and i am sorry for posting the same thing 4 times.. not 6 times ... :lol:

anyway sorry about that as i m new here dont really know rules... would be careful next time..

scow
Newly Registered

Post by scow » Tue Oct 04, 2011 9:39 am

THANKS MILLION GUYS
I WILL WRITE TO THEM, AND I AM CONSIDERING GOING TO A LAWYER,I AM NOT TAKING A CHANCE, FIVE YEARS AGO I WAS IN DILEMA BECAUSE OF THEM,FOR TWO YEARS, NOW I AM DONT WANT LOOSE MY JOB BECAUSE OF THEIR GAME.
WOULD U RECOMMEND A GOOD LAWYER FOR ME
ONCE AGAIN THANKS MILLION, AND SORRY FOR THE DELAY,AS I WAS AWAY FOR A WHILE

Monifé

Post by Monifé » Tue Oct 04, 2011 1:15 pm

For EU treaty rights, I would recommend Brophy Solicitors.

I have also heard Synott Solicitors are good but have not dealt with them for EU treaty rights.

scow
Newly Registered

Post by scow » Tue Oct 04, 2011 4:38 pm

thanks million, realy appreciate it

IQU
Diamond Member

Post by IQU » Wed Oct 05, 2011 12:35 am

stewart solicitors in parlimantry street definetly,trayers solicitors in usher quay,brophy in parlimantry st, you can also seek free legal advise from mrci,immigrant council.but dont forget to contact solvit .good luck

Directive/2004/38/EC
Respected Guru
Location: does not matter if you are with your EEA family member

Post by Directive/2004/38/EC » Wed Oct 05, 2011 8:43 am

There is NO requirement that any of your bills be JOINT bills with both your names on it. Send one thing addressed to you and one thing addressed to your partner.

The conditions specified in Directive 2004/38/EC for a Residence Card are "exhaustive in nature": See http://eumovement.wordpress.com/2011/07/19/ecj-c-15703/ (paragraph 29 & 30)

Also contact Solvit for their assistance: http://eumovement.wordpress.com/help-eu-solvit/