ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Salary coming to Joint Account

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Visa_Novice

Salary coming to Joint Account

Post by Visa_Novice » Thu Sep 29, 2011 9:56 am

Hi,

My tier-1 visa is due to be extended in May 2012. My wife is on dependent visa.

I have my salary account where my salary is coming for last 3 years. 2 weeks back I added my wife as joint account holder to my salary account but now I realised that since it is joint bank account I should not have added my wife to it.
Recently I have moved to contracting and me and my wife are going to get our first salary from my Limited company.
Now my query is:
1. Is there any problem if we both get our salaries from the same company in the same bank account ?
2. Will there be complications when I go for tier-1 visa extention next year ?
3. Should I open seperate salary bank accounts for both of us keeping this one as joint (keep in mind that I have already received few months salary in this account which has become joint 2 weeks back. I need to show my 4 months salary from this bank account for my extention next year. I still have 8 months for my extention.) ?

Could any one please help as what would be best way for me to avoid any complications when I go for visa extention next year ?

I still have around 8 months before extention. I have checked with my bank and they said that they can not convert this bank account back to a sole account.

Thanks,

teddy0409

Post by teddy0409 » Thu Sep 29, 2011 3:03 pm

1. Is there any problem if we both get our salaries from the same company in the same bank account ?

No. As long this is joint account and is not a business account

2. Will there be complications when I go for tier-1 visa extention next year ?

No. Clearly mention that both your salary and your wife's salary are getting paid in to the Joint Account

3. Should I open seperate salary bank accounts for both of us keeping this one as joint (keep in mind that I have already received few months salary in this account which has become joint 2 weeks back. I need to show my 4 months salary from this bank account for my extention next year. I still have 8 months for my extention.) ?

Yes. I did the same during my initial application and perfectly fine.

However, you do not require to complicate the case worker by submitting two or three different salary accounts for 'Previous Earnings'.

If you wish you could open a separate salary account, Make sure you are creating a table in your covering letter and show 'Which month the salary is credited for' and 'In to which bank account the salary is credited at'
If Not We, Then Who?

Visa_Novice

Post by Visa_Novice » Fri Sep 30, 2011 2:02 pm

Thanks.