ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 1 Ext

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

iffi786

Tier 1 Ext

Post by iffi786 » Fri Sep 30, 2011 1:21 am

hello all

my question is i m on tier 1 general and my ext is coming may 2012 just to want to ask that for english on that time i passed english lenguage test for 10 points but it will b expiered n my visa ext time bec it is valid for 2 years should i need to pass the test again or that will b fine ????????

thanks

Lucapooka
Respected Guru

Post by Lucapooka » Fri Sep 30, 2011 11:08 am

131. An applicant meets the English language requirement, without the need to provide evidence, if he/she was last given permission to stay in the United Kingdom:
• under Tier 1 (General) and is applying for an extension of leave to remain; or
• as a Highly Skilled Migrant Programme participant under the Immigration Rules which came into force on 5 December 2006 and is applying for an extension of leave to remain under a Tier 1 category

nazbe
Newly Registered

Re: Tier 1 Ext

Post by nazbe » Fri Sep 30, 2011 12:21 pm

iffi786 wrote:hello all

my question is i m on tier 1 general and my ext is coming may 2012 just to want to ask that for english on that time i passed english lenguage test for 10 points but it will b expiered n my visa ext time bec it is valid for 2 years should i need to pass the test again or that will b fine ????????

thanks

Hi,

Don't worry you don't have to pass the test again!
If you look at the application form section L as below, if you have already submitted on first approval you don't have to give any evidence. I didn't give any. I got my extension approved on the 28th Sept. Cheers!!

L. English Language
The applicant must have a minimum standard of English language, and score 10 points or the application will be refused.
If the applicant is currently in the United Kingdom as a Tier 1 (General) migrant, or as a Highly Skilled Migrant Programme participant and has met the English Language requirement in an earlier application, they can claim 10 points for their level of English language.
Before filling in this section of the form, the applicant should refer to the Immigration Rules and the Tier 1 (General) of the points based system Policy Guidance
Select how the applicant would like to claim points for English language:
National of a majority English speaking country
Go to question L1
English Language Test
Go to question L3
Degree taught in English
Go to question L4
Applicant is currently in the United Kingdom as a Tier 1 (General) migrant, or as a Highly Skilled Migrant Programme participant and has previously satisfied the English Language requirement
Go to question L7