ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

[Citizenship App] Marriage Cert / Employment Letters

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Tandor

[Citizenship App] Marriage Cert / Employment Letters

Post by Tandor » Fri Sep 30, 2011 11:48 am

Quick one hopefully. After 12 years of procrastinating, we're gathering the documents to apply for Citizenship. Two possible issues.

1. We've been told by the South African Department of Home Affairs that there's a possibility our marriage was not recorded on their computer system. Which apparently is pretty normal, however it does mean they cannot and will not issue a long form marriage cert. We only have the short form/abridged version. In either case we have to wait 3 to 9 months to find out.

2. I've worked every day for the past 12 years but my first employer went into liquidation in 2003 so I cannot get any letters from them, and my second employer refuses to provide anything as I left on bad terms (I accepted an offer from their largest customer so they don't like me much).

I assume with point 2 I could clarify this in a letter to INIS. However where does point 1, the marriage cert, leave us, assuming we cannot get a long form/unabridged version?

Tandor

Post by Tandor » Fri Mar 30, 2012 3:52 pm

Anyone able to assist on point 2? Point 1 has been sorted out.

IQU
Diamond Member

Post by IQU » Fri Mar 30, 2012 5:43 pm

majority of people applied for they dont submit previous employer letters .you can just fill theirs details in form.just make sure you have p60 or p21 from your prvious employers.you have to submit your current employer letter with 3 months payslips.good luck