ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR Queries - HSMP+Tier1 (General) - covered by JR

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

rvs
Newly Registered

ILR Queries - HSMP+Tier1 (General) - covered by JR

Post by rvs » Sun Oct 02, 2011 9:12 pm

Dear friends,

I am applying for ILR (Set (O)) by post in the next couple of weeks and in this regard I have a question - would appreciate your help and guidance - thanks in advance - my question is as follows:

Absence - I have been out of UK for 237 days in the last five years. Of this 237 days, 75 days was for business i.e. exploring business opportunities overseas - this was in conjunction with another company (not employer) but I didn't get paid for this absence, however, the other company is happy to provide a letter confirming that I was out to explore business opportunities. Will this be OK? Is there anything else I will have to submit as evidence for this purpose?

I'd really appreciate your help. Shout out if you need further background/info.

Many thanks.

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Sun Oct 02, 2011 11:37 pm

rvs wrote:Dear friends,

I am applying for ILR (Set (O)) by post in the next couple of weeks and in this regard I have a question - would appreciate your help and guidance - thanks in advance - my question is as follows:

Employment - I have breaks in my employment. I therefore do not have P60 for all 5 years. Also, the years where I have only been employed for few months (look for job but market was tough) my total income is only around 10k. I have managed to get letters from HMRC confirming the income and tax paid. Will this be OK? Will the breaks from work and low income cause any problems?

Also, I am self-employed + employed since last year. I have payslips, p60 for employed income but the tax return for self-employed income has not yet been filed (due date is Jan 2012) - do I need to provide any accountant letter or file the return before my ILR application?

Many thanks.
Life isn't fair, but you can be!

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Sun Oct 02, 2011 11:38 pm

rvs wrote:Dear friends,

Dependant - My wife has been in the UK as my dependant less than 2 years (only got married recentlly). I can put marriage certificate, joint bank account statements and NI letter as evidence of cohabitation. Will this be sufficient? Will she get ILR if she has been in the UK for less than 2 years?

Many thanks.

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Sun Oct 02, 2011 11:47 pm

Absence - Were you employed or self-employed during this 75 days absence? If employed, did your employer authorize these absences and were these paid or unpaid absences?
Income - Break(s) in employment or low income is not an issue.
Dependants - See FAQs for ILR - WP/Tier 1/Tier 2/HSMP holders

rvs
Newly Registered

Post by rvs » Mon Oct 03, 2011 9:55 pm

sushdmehta wrote:Absence - Were you employed or self-employed during this 75 days absence? If employed, did your employer authorize these absences and were these paid or unpaid absences?
Income - Break(s) in employment or low income is not an issue.
Dependants - See FAQs for ILR - WP/Tier 1/Tier 2/HSMP holders
Last edited by rvs on Sat Nov 05, 2011 9:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Tue Oct 04, 2011 1:08 pm

rvs wrote:I was unemployed at that time and was given an offer by a company that they will share 50% of the revenue generated from any business I get from overseas - unfortunately it did not work out - hence technically I was neither employed nor self-employed at that time
In such case, these will be absences for personal reasons.

rvs
Newly Registered

Post by rvs » Tue Oct 04, 2011 6:50 pm

sushdmehta wrote:
rvs wrote:I was unemployed at that time and was given an offer by a company that they will share 50% of the revenue generated from any business I get from overseas - unfortunately it did not work out - hence technically I was neither employed nor self-employed at that time
In such case, these will be absences for personal reasons.
Does that mean that it will be counted towards the total 180 days? If I include this absence with other absences for holiday the total comes to 237.

ea64
Newly Registered

Post by ea64 » Wed Oct 05, 2011 7:59 pm

I'm not an expert but I guess yes, they will be counted. Don't know if there's a way to get round that tho