ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

appeal withdrawal (finally)

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

usual_suspect
Newly Registered

appeal withdrawal (finally)

Post by usual_suspect » Mon Oct 03, 2011 6:50 pm

Hi,

I will be sending a letter to the higher tribunal to withdraw my appeal tomorrow.

As my passport was retained by UKBA following an unsuccessful application, can anyone please point me in a direction to arrange a date with them to get my passport back from the airport when voluntarily leaving the country.

i tried on their 0870 number but they weren't very helpful.

Do I have to send them a letter and how long before do i need to do that before I plan to travel?

Thanks

peppekalle

Post by peppekalle » Mon Oct 03, 2011 9:42 pm

Why have you withdrawn your appeal?Ask the team that refused your application for the passport back.

Your passport is likely to be held by the local enforcement team.I posted lots of UKBA numbers here http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewto ... 7ed16c600f please check if your local team is listed.

usual_suspect
Newly Registered

Post by usual_suspect » Mon Oct 03, 2011 10:33 pm

thanks peppekalle.

Since you asked, I am withdrawing due to 2 main reasons, first I dont think my appeal will lead me anywhere, second I had only appealed against their decision to be able to stay here for some time (had to finish off some work) which now I have done, so its not the end of the world for me now.

As I said earlier, I will fax a letter for my withdrawal to the upper tribunal tomorrow and will call the cardiff number you pointed me to.

Do you know how many days will it roughly take for them to arrange for my passport to be delivered to the airport? I am planning to leave by 15/10.

Many thanks once again.

Kitty

Post by Kitty » Mon Oct 03, 2011 10:38 pm

If your passport is being held by a local enforcement team, you should contact them to check the procedure.

Usually, once you provide them with your flight details they will then reciprocate by telling you how to go about picking up your passport at the airport.

peppekalle

Post by peppekalle » Tue Oct 04, 2011 3:29 am

It will be sent to the airport within 3 days of you informing them.It might be a good idea if you fax them a copy of your flight ticket or the letter withdrawing appeal so they really believe you are really leaving the country