ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Refusal of leave to enter

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

ZD

Refusal of leave to enter

Post by ZD » Wed Jul 05, 2006 10:08 am

Hi All. I was wondering whether any one on the board has had their leave to enter to the UK cancelled [for what ever reason] but then at later stage had successfully applied for a visa? Alternatively has anyone had a visa application rejected and what was the resolution, if any?

I spoke to the Immigration Advisory Service and the Immigration and Nationality Directorate who confirmed that refusal of leave to enter will not affect a new application as each application is treated as unique.

I worry that my wife’s future application will be rejected on the basis that she was refused entry to the UK [her circumstances had changed].

Thanks

Dawie
Diamond Member

Post by Dawie » Wed Jul 05, 2006 10:50 am

You need to shed more light on your wife's refusal of entry.

Was she simply refused a visa at a British Consulate? Or did she get on a plane and refused entry at a UK airport upon arrival?
In a few years time we'll look back on immigration control like we look back on American prohibition in the thirties - futile and counter-productive.

ZD

Post by ZD » Wed Jul 05, 2006 10:56 am

Hi,

She was granted a visiting visa for 5 years but then she fell pregnant and when she arrived in the UK she was told to apply for a medical visa from Pakistan. The immigration officer at Heathrow stated that her purporse of visit had changed and she had to reapply for the correct visa.

Hope this helps.

Thanks