ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

PIO card for UK Born baby

Please post country topics not listed elsewhere.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

ukmigrant2011

PIO card for UK Born baby

Post by ukmigrant2011 » Thu Oct 06, 2011 10:51 am

hi , Both myself and my wife are Indian Citizens and at the moment we are on UK ILR. Our baby is born after we got our ILR. We have applied for her UK Passport which is in process.

I am lplanning to apply for PIO through post . I went through the Indian embassy site and this forum. I need to submit the following docs.
1. Applicaiton form
2. 4 photographs
3. My Kid's UK Passport
4. My Daughter's Birth Certificate
5. DD/Postal Order for 112 pounds
6. Self-addressed Royal Mail special delivery envelope
7. Passports of myself and my wife ( Question : DO I need to send the original passports or Photocopies ? )
Do I need to send any additional documents( such as Marriage Certificate etc ).
Can you please give your inputs.

Thanks.

gidoc

Post by gidoc » Thu Oct 06, 2011 9:46 pm

These should suffice, you need to send copies, with self attestation.

ukmigrant2011

Post by ukmigrant2011 » Thu Oct 06, 2011 9:49 pm

gidoc wrote:These should suffice, you need to send copies, with self attestation.
Sorry my question is do I need to send original passport of myself and my wife ?

ukmigrant2011

Post by ukmigrant2011 » Fri Oct 07, 2011 11:29 am

ukmigrant2011 wrote:
gidoc wrote:These should suffice, you need to send copies, with self attestation.
Sorry my question is do I need to send original passport of myself and my wife ?
Hi Can someone help with this ? When applying for PIO for minor, do we need to send the Original Passports of the Parents also ?
Cheers.

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Fri Oct 07, 2011 2:37 pm

PIO Card wrote:Applicants applying on parents/Grandparents basis:

a) British Passport,
b) Naturalization Certificate
c) Surrender Certificate of parents or grandparents, or Valid/Cancelled Indian Passport of parents or Grandparents of the applicant, or Birth Certificate of the parents or grandparents or School or College Certificate/leaving Certificate of the applicant or parents of the applicant
d) Applicants full version birth certificate.

Please note:
All documents including passports must be furnished in original at the time of submission of application, once the application is accepted the original documents would be returned to the applicant immediately, only notarized affidavits if submitted would be retained in original.
Life isn't fair, but you can be!

ukmigrant2011

Post by ukmigrant2011 » Fri Oct 07, 2011 9:45 pm

sushdmehta wrote:
PIO Card wrote:Applicants applying on parents/Grandparents basis:

a) British Passport,
b) Naturalization Certificate
c) Surrender Certificate of parents or grandparents, or Valid/Cancelled Indian Passport of parents or Grandparents of the applicant, or Birth Certificate of the parents or grandparents or School or College Certificate/leaving Certificate of the applicant or parents of the applicant
d) Applicants full version birth certificate.

Please note:
All documents including passports must be furnished in original at the time of submission of application, once the application is accepted the original documents would be returned to the applicant immediately, only notarized affidavits if submitted would be retained in original.
Thanks for sending this response.
May I ask another question..in the application form, need to have thumb impression of the minor. Will it be left thumb or right thumb?
Thanks .

ilrapplicant
Newly Registered

Post by ilrapplicant » Mon Oct 10, 2011 10:48 pm

right thumb for girl and left for boy..its mentioned on the Birmingham PIO application form

ukmigrant2011

Post by ukmigrant2011 » Thu Oct 20, 2011 8:45 pm

ilrapplicant wrote:right thumb for girl and left for boy..its mentioned on the Birmingham PIO application form
hmm.. I have already applied with left thumb impression. Let us see what happens.

Also can anyone post the timing it took for PIO card. Will there be any acknowledgement etc ?

ukmigrant2011

Post by ukmigrant2011 » Thu Nov 24, 2011 9:29 am

ukmigrant2011 wrote:
ilrapplicant wrote:right thumb for girl and left for boy..its mentioned on the Birmingham PIO application form
hmm.. I have already applied with left thumb impression. Let us see what happens.

Also can anyone post the timing it took for PIO card. Will there be any acknowledgement etc ?
Hi All, throught to give update on my daughter's PIO. I applied by post on )ct 8th to London Office and I have received the Card today.

Thanks

geek1981

Post by geek1981 » Sat Nov 26, 2011 11:05 am

Hi ukmigrant2011

Can you provide a summary on what docs you submitted? Also how long the PIO card is valid for minor?

Thanks

ukmigrant2011

Post by ukmigrant2011 » Sat Nov 26, 2011 12:13 pm

geek1981 wrote:Hi ukmigrant2011

Can you provide a summary on what docs you submitted? Also how long the PIO card is valid for minor?

Thanks
Hi , I have sent ( all originals and one set of photocopies)
1. The application form
2. Both passports of myself and my wife
3. Baby's Birth Certificate
4. Baby Photographs.
5. Baby's UK Passport
6. Postal Order

The Card is given for 15 years from the date given.

Cheers