ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

NEED HELP FLR(IED)

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

kanaparthyprasad
Newly Registered

NEED HELP FLR(IED)

Post by kanaparthyprasad » Thu Jul 06, 2006 9:46 am

I am currently on a TWES and LTR expires on 28/07/2006. My employer managed to get a B&C work permit for 5 years. I now have to make a FLR(IED) application.

When I first got my FLR on a TWES permit, home office gave me a letter that if I wish to extend my LTR again I should provide an Immigration employment document.

Can any one of you experts please advise me if I can apply for FLR with the new workpermit letter as its a IED and the previous home office letter(as I mentioned in above para). Is there a chance that the homeoffice rejects the FLR saying that I am currently on TWES.

Advance thanks for your help

WoodieG
BANNED

Post by WoodieG » Thu Jul 06, 2006 7:23 pm

You cannot switch from TWES in to a B&C work permit, if you apply for Leave to Remain it will be rejected.

TWES permits are issued for the holder to learn new skills and gain experience they intend to use outside the United Kingdom. If hold one for 12 months you have to spend 12 months outside the UK, if you hold one for more than 12 months you have to spend 24 months outside the UK.

I heard they checked this at the WP stage, maybe that was wrong but they definately check it at the LTR stage.
________
Applebees gift cards
Last edited by WoodieG on Fri Mar 04, 2011 2:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.

kanaparthyprasad
Newly Registered

Post by kanaparthyprasad » Tue Jul 25, 2006 2:41 pm

Ther above reply quoted by WoodieG is not correct because I have successfully obtained my Leave to Remain for 5 years yesterday.

So I think if the work permits team isses a B&C permit for some one on TWES(which happens only in exceptional circumstances), the incountry leave to remain team will not have any problem in issuing LTS as B&C permit holder as it is legally permitted.