ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Is an application for PSW from in/out of UK considered same?

Archived UK Tier 1 (Post-Study Work) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

sohamramteke
Newly Registered

Is an application for PSW from in/out of UK considered same?

Post by sohamramteke » Thu Oct 06, 2011 9:02 pm

Hi all

I am currently in UK doing a masters degree. I finish my course(submit my final project) on 16th Dec 2011 and my visa is till 26th Dec 2011. I get my results in Mid January 2012.
So as per my knowledge, i have two options:

1. To stay in uk and apply for a student visa extension until i get the results and then apply for a PSW from UK. This way i have to pay the visa fees twice.
2. To submit the project and go back to india(home country) and when i get my results in mid Jan apply for a PSW from India. This way i only pay for visa only once and i get to go home (i prefer this :) )

So my questions are:

1. Is it advisable to go for option 2 or is there any risk in applying or GETTING a PSW from india than doing it from uk?
2. I've heard from some people that they have stopped taking PSW(Tier 1) applications from india, is it true?
3. I read that i need to maintain 2,800£ (and not 800£) for three months if applying from india, is that correct?
4. And if so, then can i show the maintenance balance in my UK bank account even if i am applying from India?

i really appreciate any help or suggestions.

Many Thanks
Soham

Angelica

Post by Angelica » Wed Oct 12, 2011 8:43 pm

Well...the choice is yours.

1) You can make use of your UK bank balance for application made in india.

2) Make sure you pass your dissertation before you EVEN think of going back home. Submitting disertation does NOT guarantee passing it.

Weigh your option very well. It appears it is cost effective to go and apply in India.