ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

FLR(M) Questions

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

jtechs
Newly Registered

FLR(M) Questions

Post by jtechs » Fri Oct 07, 2011 5:56 pm

Hello (sorry if this is not in the correct format/style),

I am attempting to apply for a UMP Visa under FLR(M). Using the online form. I am stuck on part 5.

You have indicated that you did not get an entry clearance as a spouse, civil partner, unmarried or same sex partner etc..
My problem is that I am currently under a Tier2 General skilled migrant visa. So I cannot continue due to
  • A.) I cannot answer question 2. As we are not Married/Civil Partners
    Date of the marriage or civil partnership
    B.) I did not get any clearance to enter for marriage etc due to me already being in the UK on a valid visa.

I am unsure how to proceed in this case. Also would I be correct in thinking to get ILR it would be possible via FLR(M) -> ILR consecutively? As in there would be no delay between applications?

Backstory if required:
I am an Australian. I have had the following visas since 2005.
  • 24 Months WHM
    6 Months visitor visa (to prevent overstaying)
    24 Months Dependent of HSMP (previous Partner, since parted ways and she returned to Australia and did not renew)
    28 Months of a 3 year Tier2 General Visa
I have been in my relationship with my current partner for 24 months (from this month)
My Partner is British
We are unmarried partners
I am confused

Thanks
J

jtechs
Newly Registered

Post by jtechs » Tue Oct 11, 2011 9:05 am

FYI If anyone comes across this with the same problem.

I called UKBA and they said
  • 1.) Don't use the online form. Print the paper one as the online one will not work in this situation
    2.) Answer NO to Section 7.1 and 7.2 and write 'Unmarried Partners' in the field for "Please state the date & place of your wedding.."
Thanks.

MrMann
Newly Registered

Post by MrMann » Fri Oct 28, 2011 12:18 am

Thanks very much for posting the follow-up, we were having the exact same problem and I was going to call the UKBA tomorrow!