ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Entry Date to UK in SET(O) Application Form

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

am143
Newly Registered

Entry Date to UK in SET(O) Application Form

Post by am143 » Sat Oct 08, 2011 9:51 pm

Hi All,

My ILR is due next month under Tier 1 general category and I am in the process of preparing documents for it and I have got couple of question. I was on work permit before (i.e. from 10/12/2006) and switched to Tier 1 general on 08/04/2010.

I have got two entry clearance visas in my passport. I came to UK first in sept/2003 as a student and have to go back to India in Nov/2006 to get the entry clearance for work permit. My question is in section 6 of SET(O) application form it is asking to provide the date first enter the UK. Can any one please advise what date should I provide i.e. the date which I first entered in Sept/2003 or the date which I entered in Dec/2006? Also should I mention the absence period after the first entry or after the second entry?

The second question I have got is I am applying with my dependent for which I am providing utility bill for 3 years with both my name and my wife's name on it as a proof for Co-habitation document for dependent. Is this one document is enough or do I need to provide some more documents as proof as well?

Any help will be much appreciated and thank in advance.

Regards
AM

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Sun Oct 09, 2011 12:44 pm

1. Read the sentence that follows the question - carefully, and you'll know the answer.
2. See FAQs for ILR - WP/Tier 1/Tier 2/HSMP holders
Life isn't fair, but you can be!

am143
Newly Registered

Post by am143 » Tue Oct 11, 2011 9:02 pm

sushdmehta,

Thank you for the reply and help.

I have read the sentence and I guess the 2nd entry date is required i.e. 10/12/2006.

Regards

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Sat Oct 15, 2011 1:12 pm

am143 wrote:Hi sushdmehta,

I have got the similar scenario. I am also on WP+tier1 (General) migrant. I have also got slight problem in terms of pay. My employer increased my salary in the moth of June/2011, but due to some admin error my net salary in salary slip shows different than the bank statement. First they paid the increased salary with out tax deduction, but later on I paid the check to company for the tax amount and company issued new salary slip reflecting the tax deduction. But in the bank statement still remains as the different figure (Original figure). I have asked the company to issue me a letter explaining this. Can you please advise is this going to be OK or do I need to arrange some thing else or can you suggest what is the best thing to do.

Thank you in advance
AM

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Sat Oct 15, 2011 2:08 pm

A letter from employer explaining the facts should be sufficient - to help the caseworker understand the scenario.

am143
Newly Registered

Post by am143 » Fri Oct 28, 2011 10:20 pm

Sushdmehta,

Thank you for the reply, much appreciated.

I have two salary slips for the month of June one matching the bank statement (issued originally) and other not matching the statement (issued later on). My friend suggested to be on safe side not to submit the later one instead submit the first one and tell that the salary was increased from July. Your suggestion and comment on this please? I have got the letter from employer explaining about the error.

Also while going through some posts I came across about the absence from the UK. My total absences are 66 in past 5 years with the single absence of 43. Just want to confirm with you that is this going to be OK, because I have seen some ILR's been rejected due to absence from the UK more than 90 days. Tough I am well under the limit, but just want to confirm for peace of mind. Your valuable advise will be much appreciated.

Regards
AM

farah

Post by farah » Sat Oct 29, 2011 9:43 am

am143 wrote:

I have read the sentence and I guess the 2nd entry date is required i.e. 10/12/2006.
Still " I guess" is manifestation of pressure of ILR goalpost further evident from next query about just 66 absences over period of 5 years.
Please relax and enjoy the weekend.