ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR : Work permit + Tier 1

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

t0mmy

ILR : Work permit + Tier 1

Post by t0mmy » Sat Oct 08, 2011 11:06 pm

Hi guys,

I was just reading through SET(0) form. My ILR is due late next year. Currently tier 1 general visa holder.

I have had Work Permit for a few months before I switched to Tier 1 general visa. My question is do i need to show any documents from the work permit time when i apply for ILR.

In the documents section of the form I read:

---
10L: Tier 1 (General) migrant If you are applying for indefinite leave to remain on completing 5 years’
continuous stay in the UK made up of leave as a Tier 1 (General) migrant and leave as a highly skilled migrant,
work permit holder, innovator, self-employed lawyer or writer, composer or artist, in addition to the relevant documents in
10A, you must provide the following documents:

Evidence specified in section 9A of this form(..this refers to the Tier 1 points calculation).

For the period before you were granted leave as a Tier 1 (General) migrant, documents showing that you met the relevant requirements of the immigration rules.(what does this mean)
-----

malepiscean
United Kingdom

Re: ILR : Work permit + Tier 1

Post by malepiscean » Sun Oct 09, 2011 4:44 pm

Hi,
I'm in the same boat, (WP + T1G -> applying for ILR early next year).
After having read through 10L, Para 245CD and IDI Ch 6 repeatedly here is my conclusion (all IMHO am no expert):

1) Section 9A is about ensuring that you score enough points (75 or 80 depending upon when you got T1G) in the following attributes at the time of ILR:
a) earnings
b) age
c) qualifications
d) continuous residence
e) UK experience

2) 10L, on the other hand is there to ensure that you can supply the same evidence (1a is most relevant here) for the period under WP too. Although there is no scoring criteria here presumably.

Bottomline: for you is to tick mark 10L and carry the following to be safe:
i) bank statements & salary slips for the entire 5 year period
ii) work permit approval letter

Logically, 10L, is perhaps a bit superfluous for the following reasons:
a) you're providing most of the evidence anyway (while answering 9A by itself) for most attributes apart from earnings during WP period (which btw also was assessed when you got T1G in the first place!)
b) from people's experiences shared on this forum with WP+T1G->ILR, its mostly T1G evidence - salary slips+bank statements from the last 12 months that seem to be asked by UKBA (apart from the other evidences)

In any case I'd much rather be corrected here by people who understand this better or importantly have been through this process recently.

Don't know how much this helps.

t0mmy

Post by t0mmy » Sun Oct 09, 2011 5:24 pm

Thanks for the reply.
Yes you are correct. The WP approval letter shud be ok to show for the period before T1G. Atleast that's what I have gathered from some similar posts on this site. I now have to find where it is !!!

I have a few more queries:

1. How long it takes to order p60 for last 5 years(i know i shud ask my employers abt this , but some I have left long time ago and may not be possible to contact them).

2. A bit off topic. Does a loan from a british bank in any way effect ILR or british citizenship appllication. Its not any benefits or anything like that.

malepiscean
United Kingdom

Post by malepiscean » Sun Oct 09, 2011 6:08 pm

t0mmy wrote:1. How long it takes to order p60 for last 5 years(i know i shud ask my employers abt this , but some I have left long time ago and may not be possible to contact them).
My suggestion would be to NOT go the P60 route at all especially if you have to contact previous employers. Simply call HMRC, supply your NI number and ask for "Tax History Letters" for the past 5 years, they're considered equivalent to P60s as far as Home Office is concerned and should arrive by post within 5-10 calendar days.
t0mmy wrote:2. A bit off topic. Does a loan from a british bank in any way effect ILR or british citizenship appllication. Its not any benefits or anything like that.
Sorry, I'm not at all sure about this...but purely based on my limited understanding of the rules there should be no impact. Hope it helps, good luck!

am143
Newly Registered

Post by am143 » Tue Oct 11, 2011 10:19 pm

Hi,

I am also having same condition i.e. WP+Tier 1 general of point based system (before April 2010).

My question what I have to tick in section 3 and section 10, can you advise please!!!!