ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Cousin and Spouse Visa

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

ZD

Cousin and Spouse Visa

Post by ZD » Sun Jul 09, 2006 12:04 am

Apologies for another thread here, but my wife in Pakistan is related to me outside our marriage; she is my cousin. I have been told [by a UK immigration officer at heathrow] that she will not be granted a spouse visa since she is my cousin [and now my wife]. Is this true? And if so, what are the possible solutions?

Thanks

Wanderer
Diamond Member
Ireland

Re: Cousin and Spouse Visa

Post by Wanderer » Sun Jul 09, 2006 12:24 am

ZD wrote:Apologies for another thread here, but my wife in Pakistan is related to me outside our marriage; she is my cousin. I have been told [by a UK immigration officer at heathrow] that she will not be granted a spouse visa since she is my cousin [and now my wife]. Is this true? And if so, what are the possible solutions?

Thanks
As far as I know cousins are allowed to marry in UK so I don't see why that's an issue for immigration.

Steve

Brit Chick

Post by Brit Chick » Sun Jul 09, 2006 1:22 am

I know plenty of people who have married their cousins and managed to get spouse settlement visas.