ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

What is visa blacklist

Immigration to European countries, don't post UK or Ireland related topics!

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

andspeed2
Newly Registered

What is visa blacklist

Post by andspeed2 » Wed Oct 12, 2011 5:35 pm

Hi,

I am and Indian Passport holder working in Ireland . I had applied for tourist visa to italian embassy My visa got approved. But there was a miscommunication on the date and time to collect the passport. The visa officer insists he told me to come during a different time on a particular day but trust me I heard it properly. When i took leave from work and went there, he was angry at me saying that I came at a different time. He was very harsh and gave me the passport with a big warning that he will not give me visa next time I apply to Italy and i will be blacklisted!!! . I don't understand. I am planning to visit other schengen countries also. If he does what he said, won't I ever get a schengen visa??

Did anyone had similar experiences?? Can anyone advise whether this is a big problem and what should I do to rectify it, if there is a way.

Thanks a lot,
andspeed
Last edited by andspeed2 on Wed Oct 12, 2011 9:15 pm, edited 2 times in total.

gidoc

Post by gidoc » Wed Oct 12, 2011 6:41 pm

He was just being rude, unless there is anything given in writing, you have no reason to worry. Turning up to collect a visa without appointment may be breach of protocol but all that was required of him to do was to give you another appointment, if he was not willing to deal with you on that day.

In fact if I were you I would put in a written complaint about his inappropriate behaviour.

andspeed2
Newly Registered

Post by andspeed2 » Wed Oct 12, 2011 7:27 pm

gidoc wrote:He was just being rude, unless there is anything given in writing, you have no reason to worry. Turning up to collect a visa without appointment may be breach of protocol but all that was required of him to do was to give you another appointment, if he was not willing to deal with you on that day.

In fact if I were you I would put in a written complaint about his inappropriate behaviour.
Thanks gidoc. You reply couldn't have come at a better time. It was kind of mental torture for me - just even the thought of it . I guess I might have problem only in the case where I would have to go to him again for schengen visa!. I was paranoid when he mentioned about me getting blacklisted. So I checked up the internet and found that only on certain conditions that ppl can be blacklisted -eg. people who are perceived to be a threat to national/public security or ppl with criminal background etc..

Phew, what a rough day!