ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Cohabitation Documents Query

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

AnithaA
Newly Registered

Cohabitation Documents Query

Post by AnithaA » Sat Oct 15, 2011 10:40 pm

Dear All,

We are applying for ILR
As we had to show the proof of Cohab, myself and my husband requested bank statements from HSBC for the last two years.

I have to tell you 2 things:
We moved houses, updated them online
Secondly, we opted go green (in HSBC)

Strangely, we got bank statements, but all the statements(even old statements with old address) were addressed to the new current address, I am wondering if any of you have faced similar problem, if so can anybody please tell me what to do, is there any way to get the statements addressed correctly

I am not understanding what to do.Please advice

AnithaA
Newly Registered

Post by AnithaA » Sun Oct 16, 2011 8:21 pm

Anybody please any advice

zahid.ali.anwar
Member of Standing

Post by zahid.ali.anwar » Mon Oct 17, 2011 12:33 am

Hi,

Why are you only relying on HSBC statements? Don't you have anyother documents as proof of your cohibitation. I suppose, payslips, bank statements, credit card statements, catalogue letters, GP letters, P60, lawyer letters, any sort of letter from third party can be counted toward these documents.

You can look for other forms of documents as well. Even TV licence will work.

So be creative and start looking for old documents.

Thanks,
The question is... to be or not to be....

Nov2011
Newly Registered

Post by Nov2011 » Mon Dec 05, 2011 7:49 am

Hi AnithaA,

I am in the same situation as you....hsbc has resend the statements with new address on old ones as well :(

How did you manage then?

Thanks,

alok_singh

Re: Cohabitation Documents Query

Post by alok_singh » Mon Dec 05, 2011 9:45 am

Hi AnithaA,

Normally you should recv all stmt with the new address. Call them and it can sorted easily,

Bank stmt will only display your current address..

You can use council tax, services bill for pervious address they are better than bank stmt when showing you address proof

Regards
Alok
AnithaA wrote:Dear All,

We are applying for ILR
As we had to show the proof of Cohab, myself and my husband requested bank statements from HSBC for the last two years.

I have to tell you 2 things:
We moved houses, updated them online
Secondly, we opted go green (in HSBC)

Strangely, we got bank statements, but all the statements(even old statements with old address) were addressed to the new current address, I am wondering if any of you have faced similar problem, if so can anybody please tell me what to do, is there any way to get the statements addressed correctly

I am not understanding what to do.Please advice

Yogiyogi
Newly Registered

Post by Yogiyogi » Mon Dec 05, 2011 9:58 am

can anyone tell me how many proofs are required to indicate wife's 2 year stay in UK?.. i mean how many different source of documents required?

aspirant09

Post by aspirant09 » Mon Dec 05, 2011 11:36 am

One should be enough.
:-)

sree_nair11

Post by sree_nair11 » Mon Dec 05, 2011 3:49 pm

My Advice would be to

1. Get the issue sorted with the Bank If you can

2. If not, Use some of the other bills like Utlilty, NHS , Lease Agreements etc for the old address. All the documents doesn't need to be addressed to you both. If you have couple of them addressed to you both, then others can be addressed to only to the spouse.

UKBA doesn't specify the number of documents. better to take 4/5 documents spanning over the last two years.

rasinrdj

Post by rasinrdj » Wed Dec 28, 2011 5:41 pm

Hi Anitha,
What happened with your application, how many proofs did you present for cohabitation.

Regards,
Rasin

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Thu Dec 29, 2011 10:14 am

Yogiyogi Under what category is your wife applying for ILR. If it's as a spouse you've been given incorrect advice. The documents should be from at least 3 different sources...not 1 and spread as evenly as possible over the full 2 years. Submit a minimum of 6