ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Citizenship Time

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

ijaloke
Newly Registered

Citizenship Time

Post by ijaloke » Sun Oct 16, 2011 4:12 pm

I will like to know when to apply for citizenship on a marriage on the basis of marriage to an Irish. I am a non eu, Our marriage will be 3yrs in next March 2012. Can anyone tell me is the application based on when I was given GNIB card or its when we got married thou i had no status when we got married. Please I would like a good explanation.

Monifé

Post by Monifé » Sun Oct 16, 2011 8:52 pm

From the date of your first stamp/gnib card.

Can I ask, how long did it take for your spouse of Irish national application before you got stamp 4? And how long did you get stamp 4 for?
beloved is the enemy of freedom, and deserves to be met head-on and stamped out - Pierre Berton

ijaloke
Newly Registered

Re:

Post by ijaloke » Mon Oct 17, 2011 2:00 pm

It took me roughly 6months, I married early 2009 and I applied for stamp 4 early 2010 and by the middle of 2010 I got my stamp 4. I have my stamp for a year and half now. But I was told one can apply once the couple have lived together counting from the day they got married. I read this and I got confused

"Evidence of residency permission i.e. a copy of your passport(s) showing residency permission stamps for a
period of 1 year immediately prior to the application and 2 years in the 4 year period before that, equalling 3
years in total, or alternatively proof of residence in the State for this period. Please submit three different
proofs of residence for each year showing your name and address and date of issue i.e. household bills (gas,
electricity, phone or cable/satellite TV), bank statements, revenue letters, mortgage agreement, social
welfare, letter from employment, doctors letter etc."

Muttsnuts

Re:

Post by Muttsnuts » Mon Oct 17, 2011 6:37 pm

ijaloke wrote:It took me roughly 6months, I married early 2009 and I applied for stamp 4 early 2010 and by the middle of 2010 I got my stamp 4. I have my stamp for a year and half now. But I was told one can apply once the couple have lived together counting from the day they got married. I read this and I got confused

"Evidence of residency permission i.e. a copy of your passport(s) showing residency permission stamps for a
period of 1 year immediately prior to the application and 2 years in the 4 year period before that, equalling 3
years in total, or alternatively proof of residence in the State for this period. Please submit three different
proofs of residence for each year showing your name and address and date of issue i.e. household bills (gas,
electricity, phone or cable/satellite TV), bank statements, revenue letters, mortgage agreement, social
Reckonable resdency for citizenship is calculated by the stamps in your passport. Your application will be sent back to you if you apply before you can show 3 years of reckonable stamps.

internal_model
Newly Registered

Re:

Post by internal_model » Wed Jan 04, 2012 8:20 pm

Muttsnuts wrote:
ijaloke wrote:It took me roughly 6months, I married early 2009 and I applied for stamp 4 early 2010 and by the middle of 2010 I got my stamp 4. I have my stamp for a year and half now. But I was told one can apply once the couple have lived together counting from the day they got married. I read this and I got confused

Reckonable resdency for citizenship is calculated by the stamps in your passport. Your application will be sent back to you if you apply before you can show 3 years of reckonable stamps.
I depends a lot on the person you speak to. I'm Irish and went into GNIB a month after my marriage to a non-EEA citizen (after our honeymoon). She was given her stamp 4 there and then.

Muttsnuts

Re:

Post by Muttsnuts » Wed Jan 04, 2012 11:58 pm

internal_model wrote:
Muttsnuts wrote:

I depends a lot on the person you speak to. I'm Irish and went into GNIB a month after my marriage to a non-EEA citizen (after our honeymoon). She was given her stamp 4 there and then.
I'm referring to an Application for Citizenship by Naturalisation and not to Residency...

laspo24

Re:

Post by laspo24 » Thu Jan 05, 2012 3:02 pm

Muttsnuts wrote:
internal_model wrote:
Muttsnuts wrote:

I'm referring to an Application for Citizenship by Naturalisation and not to Residency...
Married to an Irish citizen but we both lives in Northern Ireland. Me been a non EEA national, do i still qualify for the 3yrs citizenship process?

IQU
Diamond Member

Post by IQU » Fri Jan 06, 2012 1:10 am

yes you can apply after 3 years .www.inis.gov.ie, www.brophysolicitors.ie

laspo24

Post by laspo24 » Sat Jan 07, 2012 10:31 am

IQU wrote:yes you can apply after 3 years .www.inis.gov.ie, www.brophysolicitors.ie
Does it make any different if she is not working and claiming benefits? Like it says am not liable to public fund. will it affect me if she claims benefit without me claiming?
Like housing benefit etc in Northern Ireland?