ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

english requirements..Please advice

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Mr British
Newly Registered

english requirements..Please advice

Post by Mr British » Sun Oct 16, 2011 9:47 pm

I am planning to apply for my spouse visa very soon here in India..I m sure that i am fulfilled other conditions of spouse visa but i am in dilemma for english language requuirement

I did my bachelors degree in India and its recognized by NARIC n checked on Point Based Calculator and i got 10 marks for my English Language.

I have a letter from the university stating that i Had studied my degree in English...

I don't have a letter from Naric stating my Bachelors is equivalent to bachelors degree in UK..

Did i meet the english language test??

My wife is in UK from the past 4 months, i have my post paid bills from the past 3 months and also emails frm the past 4 months..

I havent made such calls to my wife as it costs me a lot and she calls me everyday and she uses the prepaid phone in UK and i do have phone bills for more than 3 months and it shows my wife number and all the calls are less than 2 minutes... IS THAT OK??

Coming to emails, I have lots of emails from July to september and no emails for the month of OCtober as mywife laptop is not working ..

Do i need to submit all the emails or just a sample of one or two in a week?? no emails for month of october..Is that ok/????

I am planning to apply for my spouse visa on next to next monday(8 days time)...

Please advise....

Mr British
Newly Registered

Post by Mr British » Sun Oct 16, 2011 10:29 pm

i forgot to ask you one thing...my wife sent bank statement dated 4th october 2011 and the letter from the bank also states the same...Please let me know , can i use that letter...How long the statement is valid from the date of issue of the letter??

Please clarify

lijogk
Newly Registered

Post by lijogk » Sun Oct 16, 2011 10:34 pm

4 weeks .
Mr British wrote:i forgot to ask you one thing...my wife sent bank statement dated 4th october 2011 and the letter from the bank also states the same...Please let me know , can i use that letter...How long the statement is valid from the date of issue of the letter??

Please clarify

ask your wife to include all details in the sponsourship letter .

For the english language ,if your degree is accpeted by NARIC , your degree certificate + letter stating medium of study will do i think .. but if you have time apply for a fast track naric service ,,they will do it in 24 hours and post it ..good luck .

Mr British
Newly Registered

Post by Mr British » Sun Oct 16, 2011 11:31 pm

Thanks a lot for your quick reply lijogk

brandnew

Post by brandnew » Mon Oct 24, 2011 5:23 pm

Dear Mods,
Can somebody respond to this ? if letter from Uni be accepted for English Language requirement?

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Tue Oct 25, 2011 9:57 am

The Q&A guidance for applicants clearly explains the documentary evidence required to prove that the applicant fulfils the English language requirement.
Life isn't fair, but you can be!

brandnew

Post by brandnew » Tue Oct 25, 2011 10:37 am

What evidence is needed to show my degree was taught in English?
If an academic qualification has been taught by one of the majority English speaking countries listed above, with the exception of Canada, we will assume it to have been taught in English.

If an applicant claims that they have completed an academic qualification taught in English, they must provide the original academic qualification certificate (provisional academic qualification certificates are not acceptable),
showing:
• the applicant’s name;
• the title of award;
• the date of award; and
• the name of the awarding institution.

brandnew

Post by brandnew » Tue Oct 25, 2011 10:41 am

In my case the Original Master Degree certificate (not provisional) doesn't specify that that course was taught in English so i have provided a supporting letter issued by Uni confirming that the course was taught in English. Will this satisfy the requirement?

jeetu25
Newly Registered

Post by jeetu25 » Tue Oct 25, 2011 6:50 pm

Dear Brandname
Please check your Private Message...