ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Parking Charge Notice

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

immigrant2011
Newly Registered

Parking Charge Notice

Post by immigrant2011 » Mon Oct 17, 2011 9:23 pm

I got a Parking Charge Notice to pay £90 for parking more than the allowed free 90mins by about 13mins in a Lidl Shop. I doubt this though but I can't prove it. The company that sent the charge is not the council neither are they police. They are private organisation. And I learnt from online searches that this company is very notorious and they never listen to appeal.

I intend to apply for Tier 1 extension, please I will like to know if I should mention it or not in my application.

I am scared about this. Please respond, especially members that knows the the policy.

Thank you.

canon123
Member of Standing

Post by canon123 » Tue Oct 18, 2011 11:05 am

As long you pay them back,, no one is gonna do anything to you. Dont even need to declare those kind of things as of my knowledge

AccountantMatthew
Member of Standing

Post by AccountantMatthew » Tue Oct 18, 2011 4:40 pm

It's worth a look at this to put your mind at rest http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/briti ... character/

In any case your ticket would be from a private company so it's a contract law matter.

manojk005

Re: Parking Charge Notice

Post by manojk005 » Tue Oct 18, 2011 7:43 pm

immigrant2011 wrote:I got a Parking Charge Notice to pay £90 for parking more than the allowed free 90mins by about 13mins in a Lidl Shop. I doubt this though but I can't prove it. The company that sent the charge is not the council neither are they police. They are private organisation. And I learnt from online searches that this company is very notorious and they never listen to appeal.

I intend to apply for Tier 1 extension, please I will like to know if I should mention it or not in my application.

I am scared about this. Please respond, especially members that knows the the policy.

Thank you.
Those tickets from private parking company are not the worth of paper on which it is printed. It is like saying that whoever read my post will have to pay an arbitray amount of money! Will you pay? Straight answer will be a big NO. I will not even bother without a court where they stand no chance.

immigrant2011
Newly Registered

Post by immigrant2011 » Tue Oct 18, 2011 8:16 pm

Thank you all for your responses. Its very valuable. I have decided to pay them anyway as I am scared and don't want to risk going to court and affecting my application (even though it may not get to this level). I intend NOT to declare such in my application as you guys suggested.

Thanks again.

beecharmer1800bc

Post by beecharmer1800bc » Wed Oct 19, 2011 10:39 am

immigrant2011 wrote:Thank you all for your responses. Its very valuable. I have decided to pay them anyway as I am scared and don't want to risk going to court and affecting my application (even though it may not get to this level). I intend NOT to declare such in my application as you guys suggested.

Thanks again.
I personally won't loose sleep over the issue because the only fines I endeavour to pay are ones issued to me by the council.

I have two appeals running concurrently with the council for 18months now; they reject my appeal and still give me the right to appeal again. So it's one crazy merry go round.

I've had several run ins with private parking companies and honestly, I just ignore them.
Recently I was issued a ticket on a Sunday evening in ASDA's for parking in a disabled bay area. Actually, I thought it was parking for drivers with kids but there you have it. On a Sunday evening in an empty car park!

Well, I ignored it because all they do is bark for a couple of weeks or months( for the stubborn ones) after which they leave you and move on to the next victim.

Council fines- definitely pay them or appeal them.
Private ones........well...... your call!
Don't waste your time working hard-work smart