ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

mn1 application process and need to travl in next 3 days

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

mastiger82

mn1 application process and need to travl in next 3 days

Post by mastiger82 » Mon Oct 17, 2011 9:48 pm

hi everyone.

need bit advice.... i have sumbited mn1 form and was advised by ncs staff that no need to travel in 5 working days... however something has come up and need to travel in 2 days time..... what are the problems could heppen.?

do I have to advice or what sould i do?

thanks in advance

Jambo
Respected Guru

Post by Jambo » Tue Oct 18, 2011 2:20 am

MN1 is application for registration of a minor. Is the minor who is travelling or you? It's the applicant who needs to be in the country when the application reaches the HO, not the parent.

Anyway, did the NCS say they will use Special Delivery to post the application? Did they give you a Special Delivery tracking number? Usually, Special Delivery reaches the HO the following day. NCS are requesting not to travel for 5 days just in case there is a problem with the post. Using the tracking number, you can track the application delivery online and see if it has reached the HO already.

mastiger82

Post by mastiger82 » Tue Oct 18, 2011 8:59 pm

thanks for your reply.

we all traveling....

I have checked royal mail online service and they have rec'd it.

is it ok then to travel?

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Tue Oct 18, 2011 9:07 pm

Jambo wrote:It's the applicant who needs to be in the country when the application reaches the HO
The minor has not applied for "naturalisation" but for "registration", so why can't the minor travel abroad even if the application has not been received by UKBA?
Life isn't fair, but you can be!

Jambo
Respected Guru

Post by Jambo » Tue Oct 18, 2011 9:12 pm

Yes.

Jambo
Respected Guru

Post by Jambo » Tue Oct 18, 2011 9:32 pm

sushdmehta wrote:
Jambo wrote:It's the applicant who needs to be in the country when the application reaches the HO
The minor has not applied for "naturalisation" but for "registration", so why can't the minor travel abroad even if the application has not been received by UKBA?
I stand corrected for the second time today. Need to go and do my homework. :oops: