ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Question EU.1

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

ciaramc

Question EU.1

Post by ciaramc » Wed Oct 19, 2011 10:52 am

I have to supply the rest of the documentation for my husbands EU1 5 year resident card - He already has a temp 4 that is up soon. They have requested to supply proof that my father is the homeowner as we have stated we are living in my family home. How are we supposed to supply this as my father has no mortage and he will not send the deeds to the house. We have already sent a letter from him with a copy of his passport.

Anyone have any ideas????? Would a home insurance certificate suffice.

agniukas

Post by agniukas » Wed Oct 19, 2011 11:31 am

maybe a letter from the bank stating that the mortgage on the property was paid off by your father so many years ago... just a suggestion

ciaramc

Post by ciaramc » Wed Oct 19, 2011 12:26 pm

Thanks for your responce! The thing is he paid his mortgage off about 25/30 years ago! Not sure what kind of letter he could get off the bank home owner - i know when I had to prove to the council he was the home owner the house insurance certificate was enough - I think it is so ridiculous I have to supply this i mean we have utility bills in mine my husbands and fathers name! Urrgh the DoJ make things so difficult!

knapps
Member of Standing

Post by knapps » Wed Oct 19, 2011 3:07 pm

Does your father keep ESB bills. Send the bill from 1980 or something if possible. He can go to notary public and they can stamp on photocopy of the deed as true copy.

Try a solicitor. Don't worry if you have bills under both names that does not matter

Directive/2004/38/EC
Respected Guru
Location: does not matter if you are with your EEA family member

Post by Directive/2004/38/EC » Thu Oct 20, 2011 4:41 am

ciaramc,

You are not legally required to prove that the person you are living with is the homeowner.

Why are you trying to prove this?

ciaramc

Post by ciaramc » Thu Oct 20, 2011 5:59 pm

Directive, They requested this when th ey responded to us last time -

We have been asked to supply the remaining documentation in order for my husband to receive his 5 year residence card so we are sending a signed letter from my father a copy of his passport a copy of the deeds of the house (not originals as they cost 2500 euro's to replace if lost) also his home insurance certificate (original) a letter from my university stating I'm a student, a copy of our medical insurance certificate - and a bank statement? How much do you have to have in the bank to be self sufficient?

Monifé

Post by Monifé » Thu Oct 20, 2011 8:19 pm

ciaramc wrote:Directive, They requested this when th ey responded to us last time -

We have been asked to supply the remaining documentation in order for my husband to receive his 5 year residence card so we are sending a signed letter from my father a copy of his passport a copy of the deeds of the house (not originals as they cost 2500 euro's to replace if lost) also his home insurance certificate (original) a letter from my university stating I'm a student, a copy of our medical insurance certificate - and a bank statement? How much do you have to have in the bank to be self sufficient?
They don't specify a certain limit but I think you have to have the same as or more than the social welfare , which is €188 and then €124.80 per other adult family member. So I would take from that, that if you have €312.80 per week to cover yourself and your husbands expenses, then that is enough. I would think this figure could be reduced if you are not paying rent to your father.
beloved is the enemy of freedom, and deserves to be met head-on and stamped out - Pierre Berton

Directive/2004/38/EC
Respected Guru
Location: does not matter if you are with your EEA family member

Post by Directive/2004/38/EC » Thu Oct 20, 2011 8:23 pm

Are you applying as a student or as self-sufficient?

ciaramc

Post by ciaramc » Thu Oct 20, 2011 8:31 pm

Studying parttime @ a DIT - also looking for work though obviously when my husband gets his RC he will hopefully work and I'l be studying why is there a difference? I mean I am job hunting have had about 20 interviews no luck as of yet!

Obie
Ireland

Post by Obie » Thu Oct 20, 2011 11:19 pm

Perhaps it may helpful if you refer them to the European Court of Justice ruling in Eind, which states that the returning national is not required to exercise treaty rights on his or her return home. He or she benefits from the effect of the previouly exercised rights.
Smooth seas do not make skilful sailors

ciaramc

Post by ciaramc » Fri Oct 21, 2011 7:38 am

Thanks Obie hadn't realised that was the Enid ruling - though I am exercising treaty rights as I am studying yet I will refer to the Enid ruling.