ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Umbrella company Vs Own Ltd company

Employers looking for workers, people looking for employers: Get connected here.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

T1_Mainframe

Umbrella company Vs Own Ltd company

Post by T1_Mainframe » Wed Oct 19, 2011 1:52 pm

Dear friends,

I have recently got a new contract and If I should work through an Umbrella company or my own Ltd company for billing purpose? So far, I have always worked in permanent role and this would be my first contract role. Is operating through my own company straight forward? I do not mind going through paper work as long they are welldefined and I have all the information available on internet.

I am on Tier1 and would apply for extension sometime in July. Is extending Tier1 when you are working through your own ltd company seamless?

Could you please suggest a good Umbrella company? It shouldn't be rip off for my take home :?

Many thanks,
T1_mainframe

AccountantMatthew
Member of Standing

Post by AccountantMatthew » Fri Oct 21, 2011 11:58 am

Running a limited company should not be underestimated. Before you incorporate one you should do a fair bit of research into exactly what it involves and what your responsibilities as a director will be. There is plenty of information out there on the internet; potentially http://www.businesslink.gov.uk is a good place to start.

By doing your research now, it will save you a lot of headaches, and I daresay, a lot of money further down the line. Many people start a limited company on a whim because they think it's an easy way of saving on tax - however this is only one factor and ultimately this route may not be for you if you consider other things.

As for umbrella companies, just do a search on the internet and pick up the 'phone. Again consider whether low cost is the way forward - sometimes you really do get what you pay for.

All the best.