ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

PSW expires in a month's time, options to stay?

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

stephalphs
Newly Registered

PSW expires in a month's time, options to stay?

Post by stephalphs » Wed Oct 19, 2011 2:48 pm

Hi All,
I have been on PSW since December 2009 and it expires Dec 5th 2011.
I have been working for the past 6 months as a contract Software developer for my Trust. I say contractor cos its not permanent, but am not paid like IT contractors (I earn £15 ph, 40 hrs pw)
I have been looking for permanent jobs all to no avail, and they all require a valid work permit to be considered.
Can anybody please offer any advice on what I can do to stay? Admittedly I have been living in denial but now am fully awake.
a) I have looked into the nterpreneur visa and I dont know anybody that has that kind of money so this option is potentially off for me
b) I have been applying for as many jobs as I can, but nothing has happened yet. Not even a call back. Please can you advise where I can find real jobs advertised? Or is there a way to get sponsorship without a permanent employer?

I know I dont have any time at all left, but I still believe that once there is life, there is hope. All inputs are welcome.

Many thanks in advance
Steph

NoBorders
Newly Registered

Post by NoBorders » Fri Oct 21, 2011 1:57 pm

My PSW has just started and I am considering my options now. From what I have found the PSW routes are blocked. Unless you can find a employer willing to give you full sponsorship, I don't think you can switch your current visa to anything.

I already have a job, but employer doesn't give sponsorship. I am finding a employer who does consider, but in the current climate, its difficult.

madona587
Member of Standing

Re: PSW expires in a month's time, options to stay?

Post by madona587 » Mon Oct 24, 2011 5:46 pm

stephalphs wrote:Hi All,
I have been on PSW since December 2009 and it expires Dec 5th 2011.
I have been working for the past 6 months as a contract Software developer for my Trust. I say contractor cos its not permanent, but am not paid like IT contractors (I earn £15 ph, 40 hrs pw)
I have been looking for permanent jobs all to no avail, and they all require a valid work permit to be considered.
Can anybody please offer any advice on what I can do to stay? Admittedly I have been living in denial but now am fully awake.
a) I have looked into the nterpreneur visa and I dont know anybody that has that kind of money so this option is potentially off for me
b) I have been applying for as many jobs as I can, but nothing has happened yet. Not even a call back. Please can you advise where I can find real jobs advertised? Or is there a way to get sponsorship without a permanent employer?

I know I dont have any time at all left, but I still believe that once there is life, there is hope. All inputs are welcome.

Many thanks in advance
Steph
You need a full time job which pays you more than 20K and in accordance with SOC and your job title (e.g: A Systems developer has to earn £31,200 Per year according to section - J in SOC), If you haven't worked for the employer for the past 6 months they have to do a RLMT test. Given all this your employer must be registered with Home office and must be A Rated. Once this is done they have to provide you with a COS. Then you can apply for TIER2 General visa.

TIER1 general is now closed and you don't have any other options I'm afraid. If your visa is expiring in December what on earth you been doing all along ?
In three words I can sum up everything I've learned about life: it goes on :)