ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

MN1 form Section 2 question

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

geokhalil
Newly Registered

MN1 form Section 2 question

Post by geokhalil » Wed Oct 19, 2011 3:15 pm

I have ILR granted last week, now I am applying my daughter's naturlization using MN1 form as she is born in UK. She is 2 years old.

Please let me know if I need to fill section 2 of the form????

tahnks,
KK

John
United Kingdom

Post by John » Wed Oct 19, 2011 7:56 pm

Well I think yes, it needs to be completed. But very easy to complete, for example, Q2.1, the date is the child's date of birth, and the place is the place of birth!
John

zzzindagi

Re:

Post by zzzindagi » Mon Dec 15, 2014 4:28 am

John wrote:Well I think yes, it needs to be completed. But very easy to complete, for example, Q2.1, the date is the child's date of birth, and the place is the place of birth!
Hi John.. My daughter born in uk and then after few month she left uk with her mother and after 500 days she returned after getting entry clearance. If i have to fill up that section then i will have to write all previous addresses. The section says.. Section 2 "Residence requirement"... Does that mean she will have to meet the residence requirement?.. She was out of UK for long time and do i need to write all the absences as well..

Need you advise please.
Many thanks
ZR

John
United Kingdom

Re: MN1 form Section 2 question

Post by John » Mon Dec 15, 2014 1:39 pm

Given that she was born in the UK the application for her Registration as a British Citizen will be under section 1(3), an "entitlement" application. There is no residence qualification.

Simply, you have your ILR, child born in the UK, therefore the application will be granted. No UKBA discretion involved.
John