ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Father ILR-Mother Tier1-Child UK born eligible for ctizenshp

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

shishir30

Father ILR-Mother Tier1-Child UK born eligible for ctizenshp

Post by shishir30 » Wed Oct 19, 2011 8:36 pm

Hi,

I am not able to find the confirmed answer from reading the posts and UKBA website about if my child is eligible for UK Citizenship.

I am on ILR from last 16 months and yesterday received the letter from Homeoffice about approval of my citizenship (note that I still have to attend ceremony and then apply for UK passport).

My wife is on her own visa i.e. Tier 1 Migrant and not been dependent on me.

My child is born in UK last week.

I am struggling to understand I am eligible to apply for UK Citizenship for my child looking at above circumstances.

I am planning to visit India in 4 months time. So really I need UK passport for my child before 4 months and trying to quickly apply for required formalities.

I have been getting helpful advice from this form during ILR and citizenship process so I am back again for expert advice on this.

Thanks.

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Wed Oct 19, 2011 8:46 pm

shishir30 wrote:I am on ILR from last 16 months ...... My child is born in UK last week.
Your child is British by birth. Apply for a British passport for the child.
Life isn't fair, but you can be!