ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Working Holidays in the UK & Work Permit regulations

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

tuning-fork
Newly Registered

Working Holidays in the UK & Work Permit regulations

Post by tuning-fork » Wed Jul 12, 2006 8:56 am

Hi Folks,
I’m non-EU national permanently resident and living in Czech Republic. My wife and I are planning to travel to the UK for holiday and I will need a visa before travelling. I was told UK visitors are usually given 6 months visa which doesn’t allow them to work in the UK. I am planning to apply for a working holiday visa instead of a visitor’s visa because I will like to work during my stay in the UK. My question is; would it be possible to obtain a working holiday visa if my Czech wife doesn’t have the intention to work during this 6 to 12 months holiday period? What are the requirements needed to apply for a working holiday visa being a national from a Commonwealth State and EU family member? I know I can get a family visa if my Czech wife lives and work in the UK; which is not the case now.

Your advice would be highly appreciated!

Best regards,