ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

How much will my spouse and i lose now we are married

Questions and discussions about claiming benefits while living and working in the UK

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

joshuaaubin

How much will my spouse and i lose now we are married

Post by joshuaaubin » Thu Oct 20, 2011 1:55 am

ive no recourse to public funds and am subject to immigration control awaiting EEA card.my wife receives dla high rate motability and care component income support and IB.She is entitled to housing benefit at moment but as ive just moved in will HB be stopped even though im not making any contributions and we will be living off one persons money.We are aware we will lose other money too from care component as she no longer lives alone can someone please explain this to us as we are not too sure any help appreciated thank you or maybe tell us exactly how worse off we will be.Its lot of pressure on us both as instead of getting more money for two people to live on she will lose money because of me its a no win situation for us but we wont be separated because of money us being a family is much more important :?

mochyn
Diamond Member

Re: How much will my spouse and i lose now we are married

Post by mochyn » Thu Oct 20, 2011 6:59 am

joshuaaubin wrote:ive no recourse to public funds and am subject to immigration control awaiting EEA card.my wife receives dla high rate motability and care component income support and IB.She is entitled to housing benefit at moment but as ive just moved in will HB be stopped even though im not making any contributions and we will be living off one persons money.We are aware we will lose other money too from care component as she no longer lives alone can someone please explain this to us as we are not too sure any help appreciated thank you or maybe tell us exactly how worse off we will be.Its lot of pressure on us both as instead of getting more money for two people to live on she will lose money because of me its a no win situation for us but we wont be separated because of money us being a family is much more important :?
Why are you going to lose HB?

mimine30

Post by mimine30 » Thu Nov 03, 2011 3:19 pm

being seperated because of money ,? why even mentionne that you thought about it no one else is sayinf or thinking that