ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

EEA forms - EEA1 or EEA2? Both forms simultaneously?

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

VV
Newly Registered

EEA forms - EEA1 or EEA2? Both forms simultaneously?

Post by VV » Wed Jul 12, 2006 11:53 am

Hi every one!

I'm Paraguayan and have just got married to my Dutch husband this weekend, in the UK :D .
I came to the UK on a Visit- Marriage visa issued in the Netherlands, because that's where I had been residing for the past years as a student. My visit -marriage visa is valid until December 2006, and my Dutch student residence permit is valid until August 2006.
I have no intention of going back to the Netherlands because I have finished my studies.

My husband has been living/working in the UK since March 2006, but has not yet applied for a registration certificate (or the document that shows he's now exercising EEA treaty rights in the UK as Dutch citizen).

Now, my question is, in order for me to stay and live with my husband in the UK (and also work) does he need to apply for the EEA registration certificate before I apply for the residence card/permit?

For his application (Dutch citizen) he would need form EEA1?

For my application (Paraguayan, wife of Dutch) I would need form EEA2?

Could we send both forms together at the same time?

Also, I'm not sure about all the different names for the documents we need: basically, what we need is sth that says my husband is exercising treaty rights in the UK and that I'm his wife and therefore allowed to stay with him.
Please correct me and clarify if I'm comfusing them.

John
United Kingdom

Post by John » Wed Jul 12, 2006 2:59 pm

Now only doubt here is "My visit -marriage visa", a type of visa specifically issued so that a person can come to the UK, get married, and then leave the UK. If that was never the plan, to return to the Netherlands, can I ask how it came about you applied for a "visit -marriage visa?

Apart from that, and I am not sure what difference it makes, yes both of can apply for your Residence Permits in the UK ... using, as you say, the forms EEA1 and EEA2.

Any opinions about whether, following entry to the UK on a "visit -marriage visa", application in the UK for a Residence Permit is possible?
John

VV
Newly Registered

Post by VV » Wed Jul 12, 2006 4:06 pm

John wrote:Now only doubt here is "My visit -marriage visa", a type of visa specifically issued so that a person can come to the UK, get married, and then leave the UK. If that was never the plan, to return to the Netherlands, can I ask how it came about you applied for a "visit -marriage visa?

Apart from that, and I am not sure what difference it makes, yes both of can apply for your Residence Permits in the UK ... using, as you say, the forms EEA1 and EEA2.

Any opinions about whether, following entry to the UK on a "visit -marriage visa", application in the UK for a Residence Permit is possible?
Hi! Thanks for your reply :)
Basically, we decided to go for the visit marriage visa because we were quite sure we would not be able to build a strong enough application for a fiancée visa and we felt it was better to be safe than sorry.

According to the advice of a fellow member (http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewto ... c&start=20 bottom of page) it is possible to go from the visit marriage visa to a residence card. In the end, gathering our research findings and the helpful advice posted in this forum we thought the surest option was starting with the marriage visit visa.

John
United Kingdom

Post by John » Wed Jul 12, 2006 4:25 pm

Thanks for pointing me in the direction of that topic. Useful.

So I say ... go for it! So your husband should complete a form EEA1 and its the EEA2 for you. Post the applications together.

As a holder of a wedding-visitor visa do appreciate that you cannot work in the UK. You will need to wait until after your application is dealt with before being able to show a prospective employer that you are legally able to work. These applications are taking about 2 or 3 months at the moment. Accordingly if you want to work in the very near future, return to the Netherlands and apply for an EEA Family Permit there. That will probably be issued quite speedily ... in hours or days ... rather than weeks or months.
John