ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

URJENT- Approval Letter and BRP card not recd - PEO Solihull

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

akguptay2k
Newly Registered

URJENT- Approval Letter and BRP card not recd - PEO Solihull

Post by akguptay2k » Fri Oct 21, 2011 11:22 am

Hi All,

I went to PEO Solihull office on 14th Oct (Friday) for Tier-1 (G) extension and my case was very simple and case worker told me that every thing is fine. Then I gave my finger prints. After waiting for another 2 hours, they told everyone that their backend system went down or slow and they would send the letter by post next week. They also returned all original documents including passports after taking copy to everyone. They also told me not to leave country as you would not be able to enter UK without BRP card.

Now the situation is that after a week I have not received either Approval Letter or BRP card. I have got the UKBA ref number and case id. I called 0870 606 7766, they told me they can't help me because they don't have the info. Their system gets the info after 6 months of application.

I need to go India and I dont know whom to contact to get the status. I also called 0300 123 2412, they told me that BRP card has not been printed.

If anyone of you have experience the same, please help me.

---- updated further ---

Hi All,

I was getting continuous email (saying Booking Confirmed) on every event like security check, case worker interview, payment, etc. I have heard the same from my colleague who went for ILR, she was continuously getting text throughout the day.

But today at 18.46 PM I received same booking email from UKBA. Should I assume that something happened against my application? I am desperately waiting for the decision.

Thanks
Ashok
Last edited by akguptay2k on Fri Oct 21, 2011 11:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Re: URJENT- Approval Letter and BRP card not recd - PEO Soli

Post by geriatrix » Fri Oct 21, 2011 12:24 pm

akguptay2k wrote:I need to go India
When?
Life isn't fair, but you can be!

akguptay2k
Newly Registered

Post by akguptay2k » Fri Oct 21, 2011 12:45 pm

sushdmehta wrote:
akguptay2k wrote:I need to go India
When?
I need to go India as soon as possible. Can you please suggest me what I can do?

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Fri Oct 21, 2011 12:52 pm

So "as soon as possible" can only be after you receive the BRP.

You say that the BRP wasn't printed when you called last, so were you issued a formal letter on the day you attended the appointment to confirm approval of your application?

akguptay2k
Newly Registered

Post by akguptay2k » Fri Oct 21, 2011 2:26 pm

sushdmehta wrote:So "as soon as possible" can only be after you receive the BRP.

You say that the BRP wasn't printed when you called last, so were you issued a formal letter on the day you attended the appointment to confirm approval of your application?
They did not provide me the formal letter as system went down afternoon, but they did return all original documents to everyone.

Btw thanks for looking into my matter

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Fri Oct 21, 2011 2:31 pm

So, in effect your application was not decided on that day .. and may still be undecided today .. if you have not received an approval letter yet.
BRP will be issued only after an approval, which you don't know has been given on date.

The original documents may have been returned to you because they may not felt the need to retain them for any purpose. Whilst an approval may be assumed in the case but someone needs to authorize it and issue you an approval letter. Until that is done, BRP will not be printed.

akguptay2k
Newly Registered

Post by akguptay2k » Fri Oct 21, 2011 2:56 pm

sushdmehta wrote:So, in effect your application was not decided on that day .. and may still be undecided today .. if you have not received an approval letter yet.
BRP will be issued only after an approval, which you don't know has been given on date.

The original documents may have been returned to you because they may not felt the need to retain them for any purpose. Whilst an approval may be assumed in the case but someone needs to authorize it and issue you an approval letter. Until that is done, BRP will not be printed.
Hi,

Nobody on that day recd the approval letter and they returned original documents to everyone and told that you would receive letter next week.

Actually I want to know the current status so that I could book flight ticket.

-Ashok

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Fri Oct 21, 2011 2:59 pm

Unfortunately, you cannot know the "current" status .... unless you have the direct contact details of the caseworker.

akguptay2k
Newly Registered

Post by akguptay2k » Fri Oct 28, 2011 8:59 pm

sushdmehta wrote:Unfortunately, you cannot know the "current" status .... unless you have the direct contact details of the caseworker.
All,

Yesterday I got the approval letter and today I got the BRP card.

Thanks
Last edited by akguptay2k on Sun Oct 30, 2011 9:44 am, edited 1 time in total.

pgaitonde
Member of Standing

Post by pgaitonde » Sun Oct 30, 2011 9:10 am

akguptay2k wrote:Hi All,

I went to PEO Solihull office on 14th Oct (Friday) for Tier-1 (G) extension and my case was very simple and case worker told me that every thing is fine. Then I gave my finger prints. After waiting for another 2 hours, they told everyone that their backend system went down or slow and they would send the letter by post next week. They also returned all original documents including passports after taking copy to everyone. They also told me not to leave country as you would not be able to enter UK without BRP card.

Now the situation is that after a week I have not received either Approval Letter or BRP card. I have got the UKBA ref number and case id. I called 0870 606 7766, they told me they can't help me because they don't have the info. Their system gets the info after 6 months of application.

I need to go India and I dont know whom to contact to get the status. I also called 0300 123 2412, they told me that BRP card has not been printed.

---- updated further ---

Hi All,

I was getting continuous email (saying Booking Confirmed) on every event like security check, case worker interview, payment, etc. I have heard the same from my colleague who went for ILR, she was continuously getting text throughout the day.

But today at 18.46 PM I received same booking email from UKBA. Should I assume that something happened against my application? I am desperately waiting for the decision.

Thanks
Ashok
Hi Ashok,
Can you please tell me when did you booked ur PEO appointment..I mean did you sat from midnight and got the appointment or is it specific time during the day u checked and got an appointment?

Thanks.

akguptay2k
Newly Registered

Post by akguptay2k » Sun Oct 30, 2011 9:47 am

pgaitonde wrote:

---- updated further ---

Hi All,

Thanks
Ashok
Hi Ashok,
Can you please tell me when did you booked ur PEO appointment..I mean did you sat from midnight and got the appointment or is it specific time during the day u checked and got an appointment?

Thanks.
Hi,

There is another post from me, which seems not to be there.

Btw online appointment opens mid night 00:00 exactly 6 weeks before the date you are looking for.

You can try for few times before you actually book for.

Thanks

pgaitonde
Member of Standing

Post by pgaitonde » Sun Oct 30, 2011 9:50 am

akguptay2k wrote:
pgaitonde wrote:

---- updated further ---

Hi All,

Thanks
Ashok
Hi Ashok,

Thanks.
Hi,

Btw online appointment opens mid night 00:00 exactly 6 weeks before the date you are looking for.

Thanks
But when i look now the window is open for 3 months..90 days..i want to book an appointment for jan 30 so i sat today midnight and was trying but couldnt get one..am i doing it correctly..

akguptay2k
Newly Registered

Post by akguptay2k » Sun Oct 30, 2011 10:08 am

pgaitonde wrote:
akguptay2k wrote:
pgaitonde wrote:

---- updated further ---

Hi All,

Thanks
Ashok
Hi Ashok,

Thanks.
Hi,

Thanks
But when i look now the window is open for 3 months..90 days..i want to book an appointment for jan 30 so i sat today midnight and was trying but couldnt get one..am i doing it correctly..
Hi,

When I booked the same almost 8 weeks back, I was only able to see appointments exactly 6 weeks later. This was consistent for many days as I wanted to make sure the fundamental of 6 weeks window.

But fyi... I never used to fill "I am available from" and "I am available until".

Regarding 90 days, what do you mean?

pgaitonde
Member of Standing

Post by pgaitonde » Sun Oct 30, 2011 10:12 am

akguptay2k wrote:
pgaitonde wrote:
akguptay2k wrote:
pgaitonde wrote:
Hi Ashok,

Thanks.
Hi,

Thanks
Hi,

When I booked the same almost 8 weeks back, I was only able to see appointments exactly 6 weeks later. This was consistent for many days as I wanted to make sure the fundamental of 6 weeks window.

But fyi... I never used to fill "I am available from" and "I am available until".

90 days window mean the "i am available from" and "i am available until" window..
can you give me an example for if i wanna book an appointment from Jan 15 to jan 30th when should i look for appointments..

akguptay2k
Newly Registered

Post by akguptay2k » Sun Oct 30, 2011 10:29 am

pgaitonde wrote:
akguptay2k wrote:
pgaitonde wrote:
akguptay2k wrote:
Hi,

Thanks
Hi,

90 days window mean the "i am available from" and "i am available until" window..
can you give me an example for if i wanna book an appointment from Jan 15 to jan 30th when should i look for appointments..
Ok now I have understood 90 days...

If you are looking from 15th Jan to 30 Jan, you should start looking from 1st Dec to 15th Dec...

Just for the sake of clarity, I would suggest you to have a pre check on coming monday and tuesday midnight... (not saturday and sunday midnight)...

If you get any issue, let me know

FYI.. If you apply for T1(G) extn PEO any days (within 2 months) before current visa expiry date. You would get visa for another 2/3 years from your current visa expiry date, not from date of approval.

pgaitonde
Member of Standing

Post by pgaitonde » Sun Oct 30, 2011 11:07 am

akguptay2k wrote:
pgaitonde wrote:
akguptay2k wrote:
pgaitonde wrote:
Hi,

Ok now I have understood 90 days...

If you are looking from 15th Jan to 30 Jan, you should start looking from 1st Dec to 15th Dec...

Just for the sake of clarity, I would suggest you to have a pre check on coming monday and tuesday midnight... (not saturday and sunday midnight)...

If you get any issue, let me know

FYI.. If you apply for T1(G) extn PEO any days (within 2 months) before current visa expiry date. You would get visa for another 2/3 years from your current visa expiry date, not from date of approval.
Thanks a lot Ashok for your help. I will ping you if i need any help.