ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

WP Salary issue

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

XJ2011
Newly Registered

WP Salary issue

Post by XJ2011 » Fri Oct 21, 2011 4:59 pm

Hi I will apply PR next month, start to prepare for all the doc needed.

I was on work permit for 2 years from Dec 2006- Aug 2008 for this period of time, I have P45 for year 2008 which I left this company, but I cant find P60 . From reading the posts on this website, is it correct to say, if I have a HR letter from my previous employer to say how much I earned for that period of time, will be enough? I have the WP approve letter, I dont know if that is enough?

Do I need HMRC to give me a letter? How long it usually take?

For Tier1 I have the P60s.

Thanks in advance for advice!

Jay
Last edited by XJ2011 on Thu Oct 27, 2011 9:17 am, edited 1 time in total.

nmaj
Newly Registered

Re: Apply PR with 2 WP + 3 Tier1

Post by nmaj » Mon Oct 24, 2011 2:46 pm

http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewtopic.php?t=88362
XJ2011 wrote:Hi I will apply PR next month, start to prepare for all the doc needed.

I was on work permit for 2 years from Dec 2006- Aug 2008 for this period of time, I have P45 for year 2008 which I left this company, but I cant find P60 . From reading the posts on this website, is it correct to say, if I have a HR letter from my previous employer to say how much I earned for that period of time, will be enough? I have the WP approve letter, I dont know if that is enough?

Do I need HMRC to give me a letter? How long it usually take?

For Tier1 I have the P60s.

Thanks in advance for advice!

Jay

XJ2011
Newly Registered

Re: WP Salary issue

Post by XJ2011 » Thu Oct 27, 2011 9:17 am

I have work permit approved in August 2006, but the work visa was only stamped in Dec 2006. I lost my P60 and asked my previous employer HR issued a letter, on the letter, it has the total amount I get paid in Financial year 06/07, tax paid, tax code, as a substitute of P60.

I also have original work permit approval letter saying I should earn £26,000 per year.

Now here is my problem. My 06/07 salary shows less than £26000, because I didnt work the full FY, but it shows more than I should earn for 4 months, from Dec 06 to March 07, because I started working for the company before I get the visa stamp.

Will the casework ask this and how should I explain it?

Any advice is highly appreciated.

Thanks

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Thu Oct 27, 2011 10:09 am

Is there an issue?

1. WP authorisation states "annual" salary of the sponsored migrant.
2. P60 reflects income earned and tax paid in a given "tax year".

So unless the migrant started working in the UK from the first day of the tax year, the figures on WP and P60 can never match!
Last edited by geriatrix on Tue Nov 01, 2011 9:56 am, edited 1 time in total.
Life isn't fair, but you can be!

nmaj
Newly Registered

Post by nmaj » Thu Oct 27, 2011 1:09 pm

You don't need to show them how much you were paid during your WP employment.Just get a letter from your old WP employer and produce it along with old work permit document.All they need is whether you were employed by the employer who gave you WP before your Tier-1 period
(Note they have already seen some documents related to your WP employment when switched your status to Tier1 from WP)

In your WP employer letter get the following things mentioned,

1. Your full name as it appears in the passport
2. Job Title that you had
3. Employment start and end date
4. NI number

Since your status is WP + Tier1 please refer section 10L in the application form.

XJ2011 wrote:I have work permit approved in August 2006, but the work visa was only stamped in Dec 2006. I lost my P60 and asked my previous employer HR issued a letter, on the letter, it has the total amount I get paid in Financial year 06/07, tax paid, tax code, as a substitute of P60.

I also have original work permit approval letter saying I should earn £26,000 per year.

Now here is my problem. My 06/07 salary shows less than £26000, because I didnt work the full FY, but it shows more than I should earn for 4 months, from Dec 06 to March 07, because I started working for the company before I get the visa stamp.

Will the casework ask this and how should I explain it?

Any advice is highly appreciated.

Thanks

XJ2011
Newly Registered

WP Salary issue

Post by XJ2011 » Fri Oct 28, 2011 1:10 pm

sushdmehta wrote:Is there an issue?

2. P60 reflects income and tax in a given "tax year".

So unless the migrant started working in the UK from the first day of the tax year, the figures on WP and P60 can never match!
But will not the casework be curious that under this employer, I am supposed get 4 month salary, but the figures shows on HR letter, that the amount I earned is more than doubled what is reasonable, about 8 months salary? I may be overconcerned but just in case...

I was on student visa before I got the work permit/visa, can I say I was working under student visa ?

XJ2011
Newly Registered

Post by XJ2011 » Mon Oct 31, 2011 8:54 pm

XJ2011 wrote:
sushdmehta wrote:Is there an issue?

2. P60 reflects income and tax in a given "tax year".

But will not the casework be curious that under this employer, I am supposed get 4 month salary, but the figures shows on HR letter, that the amount I earned is more than doubled what is reasonable, about 8 months salary? I may be overconcerned but just in case...

I was on student visa before I got the work permit/visa, can I say I was working under student visa ?

Anyone help Please. All advice are highly appreciated . Thank You

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Tue Nov 01, 2011 9:55 am

XJ2011 wrote:I have work permit approved in August 2006, but the work visa was only stamped in Dec 2006. I lost my P60 and asked my previous employer HR issued a letter, on the letter, it has the total amount I get paid in Financial year 06/07, tax paid, tax code, as a substitute of P60.
sushdmehta wrote:P60 reflects income earned and tax paid in a given "tax year".
This "letter from employer" you have does not state the facts, so you should not use it!

XJ2011
Newly Registered

Post by XJ2011 » Wed Nov 02, 2011 1:46 pm

sushdmehta wrote:
sushdmehta wrote:P60 reflects income earned and tax paid in a given "tax year".
This "letter from employer" you have does not state the facts, so you should not use it!
Hi Sushdmehta
Thanks for your reply, but the letter from my previous employer- HR, is a letter state how much I received and tax paid, and tax code,etc in the financial year, effectively said, a substitue of P60. Why you think it does not state the facts? I so should not use it?

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Wed Nov 02, 2011 2:10 pm

I lost my P60 and asked my previous employer HR issued a letter, on the letter, it has the total amount I get paid in Financial year 06/07, tax paid, tax code, as a substitute of P60.
I inferred "get paid in FY" differently from "was paid in FY", hence the response. If that is not the case, ignore the earlier response.
1. Why does your salary show more than what you should have earned in 4 months?
2. You say you started working for the company before the leave was issued. Explain how and why?

XJ2011
Newly Registered

Post by XJ2011 » Wed Nov 02, 2011 2:36 pm

sushdmehta wrote:
I lost my P60 and asked my previous employer HR issued a letter, on the letter, it has the total amount I get paid in Financial year 06/07, tax paid, tax code, as a substitute of P60.
I inferred "get paid in FY" differently from "was paid in FY", hence the response. If that is not the case, ignore the earlier response.
1. Why does your salary show more than what you should have earned in 4 months?
2. You say you started working for the company before the leave was issued. Explain how and why?
I was on student visa and finished the courses already, I got the work permit letter in August so I started working from August... so thats why the total paid I got more than I should for 4 months

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Wed Nov 02, 2011 2:51 pm

Do you have payslips for the period Dec '06 - Mar '07 that accurately reflect your salary in those 4 months?

XJ2011
Newly Registered

Post by XJ2011 » Fri Nov 04, 2011 10:40 am

sushdmehta wrote:Do you have payslips for the period Dec '06 - Mar '07 that accurately reflect your salary in those 4 months?
I lost the payslips also, but I can ask the previous employer HR write a letter to say how much I earned for each of these 4 months.

Maybe I should just bring the payslips for these 4 months to avoid trouble?

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Fri Nov 04, 2011 11:04 am

You state:
XJ2011 wrote:I lost the payslips also,
and then go on to state
XJ2011 wrote:Maybe I should just bring the payslips for these 4 months
:?
So, if you don't have them with you then how will you present / send them?

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Fri Nov 04, 2011 11:14 am

I am yet to understand where the issue is that you seem to be so worried about!

The P60 in question (that you no longer possess) in all likelihood accurately reflected the income and tax for the relevant FY. An alternate document from HMRC for the same year should be sufficient.

Though there is no need to, but at best, you may need to explain that you worked for the organisation after you had completed your education .. as is allowed under immigration rules ... and that the P60 figures (or the figures in the document you receive from HMRC) include income earned and tax paid during such (student) period.

Alternatively, the payslips for the 4 months in question should be fine. And if you don't have them (which is still unclear) then a letter from employer then may work.

XJ2011
Newly Registered

Post by XJ2011 » Fri Nov 04, 2011 5:33 pm

sushdmehta wrote:I am yet to understand where the issue is that you seem to be so worried about!

The P60 in question (that you no longer possess) in all likelihood accurately reflected the income and tax for the relevant FY. An alternate document from HMRC for the same year should be sufficient.

Though there is no need to, but at best, you may need to explain that you worked for the organisation after you had completed your education .. as is allowed under immigration rules ... and that the P60 figures (or the figures in the document you receive from HMRC) include income earned and tax paid during such (student) period.

Alternatively, the payslips for the 4 months in question should be fine. And if you don't have them (which is still unclear) then a letter from employer then may work.
Hi Sushdmehta, thanks for your reply again.

I lost my payslips but the previous employer can give me the copy of the payslip, so thats why I said I can provide those 4 months payslip.

I think as I am on student visa and allowed to work, so I think I take your advice that give casework the letter from HR and the history earning letter from HMRC (which I also required and received this week.)
I am going to apply in person, so if the casework asks about the salary, I can explain it.