ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Travelling 3 days after Tier 2 PEO Croydon appointment

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

jainsumeet
Newly Registered

Travelling 3 days after Tier 2 PEO Croydon appointment

Post by jainsumeet » Sun Oct 23, 2011 2:19 am

I have an appointment for a Tier 2 General application on October 31st. I am travelling overseas on November 4th. I understand that the Biometric card reaches afterwards even if the application is successful. I return from my trip on Nov. 12th and immediately proceed on another business trip til 21st November. I hold a Canadian passport. Will I be able to re-enter the UK? Should I ask for a letter stating my application is approved when I go to the PEO? Will this be of any use at Heathrow?

If I can't re-enter, I will need to change my appointment to my return, assuming I get one. If I was to apply by post on 21st November, would I be likely to receive the visa before January 4th?

Best wishes,

Sumeet Jain

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Sun Oct 23, 2011 2:39 am

Without the BRP, you cannot renter UK as a Tier 2 migrant.
If you enter with leave to enter as a visitor (stamped at the landing port to non-visa nationals), your Tier 2 leave will become invalid.
Life isn't fair, but you can be!

jainsumeet
Newly Registered

Post by jainsumeet » Sun Oct 23, 2011 2:42 am

thanks very much. If I now apply by post in November, will UKBA take account of the start date on the COS (Jan 4th), and process accordingly to allow me to start on this date?

best wishes,

sumeet

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Sun Oct 23, 2011 4:50 pm

Hopefully yes, but there is no guarantee that your application will definitely be decided upon before the said date or that you will definitely receive your BRP by that date.
Life isn't fair, but you can be!

jainsumeet
Newly Registered

Post by jainsumeet » Sun Oct 23, 2011 8:36 pm

Thanks very much for your help.

Sumeet