ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Applying to Residency in the UK through Marriage

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

yaeli_17
Newly Registered

Applying to Residency in the UK through Marriage

Post by yaeli_17 » Thu Jul 13, 2006 2:56 pm

Hi Everyone.

a question to anyone who can help.
My boyfriend, who is a british citizen, and I (israeli citizen residing in Canada) have been together for 2 years now.
he applied for residency here in Canada through what is called common law sponsporship but we're still worried he might not get his permanent residence Statues, and as a back up plan, are thinking of applying for the same statues for me - in the UK

Does anyone know what is the proccedure for this type of application in the UK? how long do we have to be together? what sort of funds do we have to show we have? how long does it take to procces the application? etc... ? we were also thinking of getting married in case this makes life easier for us.

I would very much apreciate any help.
Yael :D

ppron747
inactive

Post by ppron747 » Thu Jul 13, 2006 10:48 pm

Have a look at this page on the UKVisas website...
|| paul R.I.P, January, 2007
Want a 2nd opinion? One will be along shortly....