ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Visitor Visa help needed

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

barbie1

Visitor Visa help needed

Post by barbie1 » Tue Oct 25, 2011 3:22 pm

Parents are applying for a visitor visa to see me in the UK ( I work on tier 2). They have already completed an application online each on here http://www.visa4uk.fco.gov.uk/ApplyNow.aspx and requested an appointment date from the British Embassy in our country. However I am not sure whether this application needs filling out as well and presented on the day with the supporting documents: http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitec ... /vaf1b.pdf

I will be sponsoring their visit since they're coming to see me but having never done this before I am a bit confused over a few things:

• A letter of invitation from your sponsor in the UK. Could anyone help with the format of a standard letter and what information is crucial to be included in it?
• A notarised photocopy of your sponsor’s passport. If the sponsor is not a British Citizen, the applicant should submit the sponsor’s immigration status in the UK and a copy of his/her Travel Document (the bio details and conditions/status pages). Does this mean I will have to post a notarised photocopy of my passport + biometrics card to them? I live in the UK at the moment and that could take a while or is there another way of doing this? Their appointment is in a few days time...
• Evidence of sponsor's financial status, showing detailed bank statements for the last three to six months prior to the application, contract of employment and wage slips for the last 3 months. They are going to self fund their trip so do I still need to submit these? If so will I be expected to post the originals from the UK?!
• Evidence of your sponsor’s tenancy agreement.
Does this need to be the original agreement or can I just scan an electronic copy for my parents to print out?
• Evidence of correspondence between the sponsor and the applicant since when they have met for the first time. Correspondence should be presented in the form of letters, faxes, emails between the sponsor and the applicant or photos taken together. HUH? We are blood related so will the family certificate do?!

rajesh9pl
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by rajesh9pl » Tue Oct 25, 2011 4:18 pm

One (online) form is enough. I am quite sure both forms are same. Have a look and compare.

1. Letter - talk about yourself. visa status, length of your stay, about your job, address, your contact details and your intention of sponsoring your parents
2. Copy is enough
3. Even if they are sponsoring - its good to give background of your financial status. They take only copies after verifying across copies, and return originals.
4. Copy of agreement is enough - I had used only Council Tax reciept
5. I am sure your passport will have their name as mother and father - that is enough.

barbie1

Post by barbie1 » Wed Oct 26, 2011 2:19 am

rajesh9pl wrote:One (online) form is enough. I am quite sure both forms are same. Have a look and compare.

3. Even if they are sponsoring - its good to give background of your financial status.
Anyone else can reassure me regarding the application forms?

They are pretty much the same yes, but I wanted to make sure because the guide for visitor visa applications is for the format that is to be filled in by pen not the electronic, so was wondering whether one needs to complete both.

Regarding my quotation above, do I need a letter from my employer to confirm my position with the company, my salary, length of contract and the likes? Since my salary is the only income, will just this letter and/ or payslips suffice? Really cannot be bothered to send them every single lengthy bank statement for the past few months since the only money coming in are the salary and going out is all the rubbish I buy!!!

rajesh9pl
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by rajesh9pl » Wed Oct 26, 2011 9:54 am

barbie1 wrote:
rajesh9pl wrote:One (online) form is enough. I am quite sure both forms are same. Have a look and compare.

3. Even if they are sponsoring - its good to give background of your financial status.
Anyone else can reassure me regarding the application forms?

They are pretty much the same yes, but I wanted to make sure because the guide for visitor visa applications is for the format that is to be filled in by pen not the electronic, so was wondering whether one needs to complete both.

Only one form! no doubt about that. The guidance note you download is also electronic :D

Regarding my quotation above, do I need a letter from my employer to confirm my position with the company, my salary, length of contract and the likes? Since my salary is the only income, will just this letter and/ or payslips suffice? Really cannot be bothered to send them every single lengthy bank statement for the past few months since the only money coming in are the salary and going out is all the rubbish I buy!!!
Last 3 months Bank Statement and Payslips should be enough.

barbie1

Post by barbie1 » Wed Oct 26, 2011 2:28 pm

Thank you rajesh9p! :)

barbie1

Post by barbie1 » Thu Oct 27, 2011 2:29 pm

Mother will declare in her application that the cost of her trip will be covered by her husband who will be going with her. Does she need any letter of confirmation from him saying he will do so? In his application he put that they will be going together and said for example that £2,000 was available for the trip and when asked how much is the cost for him personally put as £1,000 so will this be sufficient proof that he will indeed be paying for the wife too?

Also will submitting just the one family certificate be enough or will each app be considered individually so they need a copy each?

rajesh9pl
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by rajesh9pl » Thu Oct 27, 2011 4:10 pm

No need of letter or family certificate if your mother has your father's name on her passport as spouse, same applies to your father.

Put £2000 in each, no need to divide by 2.

Its great if both have joint bank account.

You need two copies of all the original documents.
barbie1 wrote:Mother will declare in her application that the cost of her trip will be covered by her husband who will be going with her. Does she need any letter of confirmation from him saying he will do so? In his application he put that they will be going together and said for example that £2,000 was available for the trip and when asked how much is the cost for him personally put as £1,000 so will this be sufficient proof that he will indeed be paying for the wife too?

Also will submitting just the one family certificate be enough or will each app be considered individually so they need a copy each?

barbie1

Post by barbie1 » Fri Oct 28, 2011 1:39 pm

rajesh9pl wrote:
You need two copies of all the original documents.

2 letters of sponsorship and all of my documents as a sponsor in double copies? Will mother have to get my dad write a letter he's supporting her financially because that's what she's put on her form (unemployed, receive money from family/friends).

I thought both app would be considered together so everything would make more sense :(

barbie1

Post by barbie1 » Sun Oct 30, 2011 7:15 am

I rent a one bedroom flat for myself and I supplied the tenancy agreement for this. However I am not sure whether I should put in my letter that both my parents will be staying here with me or should I rather say they'll find their own accommodation. Reason for this is I am unsure whether a one bedroom flat is 'enough space' according to them because if not, I'd rather not mention it..

krazydude
Member of Standing

Post by krazydude » Mon Oct 31, 2011 10:35 am

barbie1 wrote:I rent a one bedroom flat for myself and I supplied the tenancy agreement for this. However I am not sure whether I should put in my letter that both my parents will be staying here with me or should I rather say they'll find their own accommodation. Reason for this is I am unsure whether a one bedroom flat is 'enough space' according to them because if not, I'd rather not mention it..
http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/polic ... e/ecg/maa/

Scroll down to MAA14 Overcrowding.

If you think you are going above the limit or are unclear, book them a hotel room and send them the hotel booking (scanned or online), so that this can be attached with their application.

barbie1

Post by barbie1 » Mon Oct 31, 2011 1:49 pm

krazydude wrote:
http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/polic ... e/ecg/maa/

Scroll down to MAA14 Overcrowding.

If you think you are going above the limit or are unclear, book them a hotel room and send them the hotel booking (scanned or online), so that this can be attached with their application.
I had read that before and was a bit uncertain but think will be OK, I have a one bedroom flat incl. living room is 2 rooms and will be shared amongst 3 people, parents as a couple and myself. I am not under any circumstances booking any hotels and no one in their right mind should, just to please the UKBA when they don't even know if they'll be getting a visa still!! All I was going to do is when writing my sponsor letter, declare they will maintain AND accommodate themselves because I simply put they'll maintain themselves and I will accommodate them at my address.