ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Help with my new citizenship application please & thanks

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Angel592
Member of Standing

Help with my new citizenship application please & thanks

Post by Angel592 » Wed Oct 26, 2011 2:30 pm

Soo.. my dad applied for my application in 2010.. jst before I turned 18.. dunno what happened to it because my lawyer can't find my reference number which seems to be missing.. anyways he suggested I better apply for a new application which is what Im doing!

First question :) How long do you think it will take in my case?

I grew up in Ireland nearly all my life since I was 5 or 6.. I'm 19 now.. went to school since Senior Infants.. I have 3 Irish born siblings.. I have 9 Honours , 1 Pass in my Junior Cert.. I did Higher Level Irish in both Junior and Leaving Cert.. Got accepted for General Nursing in UCD.. couldn't do it cuz I've no Irish passport, fees are too expensive :( im practically irish..had to take 2 gap years from university now because i dont have my irish passport :( Ive been hearing people got their passports with the new applications within 6 months..! is that still happening?

Second question.. in the application it says to give copies of previous passports since coming to Ireland.. my dad can't find the passports we had since 1999.. only the ones since 2006..so what do I do??? :S

agniukas

Post by agniukas » Wed Oct 26, 2011 5:44 pm

can't you or the solicitor contact the citizenship section and request your reference number? all you have to do is provide all the necessary information (name, d.o.b, address, 69/ number and parent's details). it shouldn't be too hard.
otherwise, your application will go to the end of the queue, and the only people who are getting citizenship within 6 months are those who get Long term residency.
in relation to the missing passports, provide a letter from GNIB with the reckonable residence in the state.

Angel592
Member of Standing

Post by Angel592 » Wed Oct 26, 2011 7:09 pm

agniukas wrote:can't you or the solicitor contact the citizenship section and request your reference number? all you have to do is provide all the necessary information (name, d.o.b, address, 69/ number and parent's details). it shouldn't be too hard.
otherwise, your application will go to the end of the queue, and the only people who are getting citizenship within 6 months are those who get Long term residency.
in relation to the missing passports, provide a letter from GNIB with the reckonable residence in the state.
It's that 69/ number I cant find.. isn't that supposed to be the reference number??
my lawyer is tryina find it.. but he thinks maybe i should make another one in case he doesnt? :S So i hope he does find it! stress!
and what stamp is LTR?
I've got Stamp 4.. actually this is my 3rd Stamp 4 lol!!

agniukas

Post by agniukas » Wed Oct 26, 2011 8:57 pm

69 ref number is from your gnib card. if you include your copy of gnib card citizenship will be able to locate your application if it was submitted.
68 ref numbers are specific to citizenship.
long term res is stamp 4 after 5 years on work permits stamp 1 only. so you do not qualify for it.

Angel592
Member of Standing

Post by Angel592 » Wed Oct 26, 2011 9:50 pm

agniukas wrote:69 ref number is from your gnib card. if you include your copy of gnib card citizenship will be able to locate your application if it was submitted.
68 ref numbers are specific to citizenship.
long term res is stamp 4 after 5 years on work permits stamp 1 only. so you do not qualify for it.
I got a new GNIB card recently. Is the 69 number still the same or does it change?
And how do I not qualify for LTR, I have Stamp 4?

agniukas

Post by agniukas » Thu Oct 27, 2011 6:28 pm

people who have stamp 1 qualify for LTR, then when granted their stamp is changed to stamp 4.
You already have stampo 4 and never had work permits, therefore, you do not qualify for LTR. simple enough.
your 69 ref number is for life and does not change. same with your GNIB number. it stays the same.

Naija

Post by Naija » Thu Oct 27, 2011 10:19 pm

[quote="agniukas"]people who have stamp 1 qualify for LTR, then when granted their stamp is changed to stamp 4.
You already have stampo 4 and never had work permits, therefore, you do not qualify for LTR. simple enough.
your 69 ref number is for life and does not change. same with your GNIB number. it stays the same.[/quote]

Im sorry if im offending anyone here,but that information is incorrect about Long term residence and only having to be on stamp 1 in order to get it.I have been a student myself like the person above and basically grew up here,and I have the right to stamp 4.Even though i never had stamp 1.Why?BECAUSE ALL FAMILY MEMBERS OF EU CITIZENS HAVE THE RIGHT TO STAMP 4.It is written clearly.Also,it is not true that only people with stamp 4's (LTR) are getting citizenships in 6 months.Those six months will start when all the backload is cleared and from there onwards,everyone who applies for naturalisation will be given decision within siz months,save exceptional circumstances.

Naija

Post by Naija » Thu Oct 27, 2011 10:21 pm

Sorry,my appologies.I misread previous posts. Long term residences are called either stamp 4 or stamp 3.If u have the stamp 4,then that's LTR, or stamp 3.