ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

No Tax Paid by my employer in Last five years :-(

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

akhtargee
Newly Registered

No Tax Paid by my employer in Last five years :-(

Post by akhtargee » Wed Oct 26, 2011 11:59 pm

Dear All,

Needs some advice, i found out that my employers never paid my tax in last five years..and i need to apply for ILR ...is it my fault..?? My company accountant gave me five P60 and he said that he is sorting out last four to five years account as company was struck off and is reinstated again... So HMRC will have no record of my earning...will that be a problem to get ILR ..Please help :-( !!

khalidmirza
Member of Standing

Re: No Tax Paid by my employer in Last five years :-(

Post by khalidmirza » Thu Oct 27, 2011 3:29 am

akhtargee wrote:Dear All,

Needs some advice, i found out that my employers never paid my tax in last five years..and i need to apply for ILR ...is it my fault..?? My company accountant gave me five P60 and he said that he is sorting out last four to five years account as company was struck off and is reinstated again... So HMRC will have no record of my earning...will that be a problem to get ILR ..Please help :-( !!
I think there will be problem. Although you may prove that you were economically active by bank statements/payslips but proving legitimacy of money earned is doubtful. What visa are you holding and check with accountant if there is a way to pay cumulative tax for all these years to be on safe side for ILR

jami
Member of Standing

Post by jami » Thu Oct 27, 2011 9:13 am

If employer has deducted income tax/NI from your monthly pay but has not deposited that deducted amount to HMRC you and your ILR are safe and there would be no problem if salary was paid through bank and you have salary slips and P60.

However as a good character you should report it to HMRC

samkma
Member of Standing
United Kingdom

Post by samkma » Thu Oct 27, 2011 8:50 pm

OP - if you have payslips and P60 that shows the wages, Paye tax and NI then you are on the safe side, if the Employer has not paid the monies to HMRC is between your employer and HMRC. If your employer had sent in the returns to HMRC, taxman will pursue the company for the unpaid bills,
but if the company issued you with fake P60's and and payslips with fake deductions then it is a serious matter for your employer and nothing to do with you.
What is your visa status / job status now?
“Impossible is just an opinion.”
.......Paulo Coelho

goldfish
Member of Standing

Post by goldfish » Fri Oct 28, 2011 5:20 pm

Are you self-employed / working through your own limited company?

innocentdevil
Diamond Member

Post by innocentdevil » Sat Oct 29, 2011 1:04 pm

make sure of the following:

1. You have all your 60 Payslips.
2. All your 4 or 5 P60s
3. Bank statements for last 5 years which clearly show that the salary is being transferred to your bank account (that will be the Net Salary after deductions which must corroborate with your Net amounts on the payslips).
4. Contact the employer if possible
5. You should not have any problems with the ILR. Its not your fault.