ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

EEA2 separation question URGENT

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

paisak19
Newly Registered

EEA2 separation question URGENT

Post by paisak19 » Thu Oct 27, 2011 9:33 pm

I 've been living together with a Polish national since March 2009 , last year in June we decided to get married in South Africa, and then applied for an EEA2 residence card which was granted in November , unfortunately things when wrong and in September , I was injured by him with a knife in my hand , nothing really serious however I did phoned the police , who took him to custody for 24 hours , leaving him with a warrant of not to touch me again.
After that he decided to leave and end up the relationship,I did try several times to speak with him but it seems that he really doesn't love any more, however he says he doesn't want to get divorce , and Will wait until I get indefinitely to remain in the UK , that means wait and be in contact with him until 2015 , and I don't know if this could be a problem later , as we will live in separate addresses

Now my question is : Is there any possibility that I could stay in the UK , not depending on him and in his documents, as I am really afraid of his mind changing ?
All I really want is to move on , and carry on with a normal life .
Hope someone could help me , Thank you very much.
Last edited by paisak19 on Mon Oct 31, 2011 7:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Obie
Ireland

Post by Obie » Fri Oct 28, 2011 12:56 am

Well there is no talk of retention without a divorce, at least thats how the law is applied in the UK, and giving the wording of the Article 13 of the directive, one can hardly make much complain.

If as you allege this guy is a dangerous person, and there is little possibility of him changing or seeking help, you may wish to consider divorce, if that is best for you.
Smooth seas do not make skilful sailors