ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Worth going to PEO for personal appointment ?

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

ashishashah
India

Worth going to PEO for personal appointment ?

Post by ashishashah » Fri Oct 28, 2011 10:36 am

Hello,

I have heard that some times PEO accepts the application,but will send it for further consideration (and so WON'T give decision on the same day).
My questions are:
1)Under what circumstances they do that?I am just wondering that if it is wise to spend extra 600 GBP and then they send it by post anyways..

2)If they send it to further consideration,do they give you a tracking/reference number..So that you atleast have a proof that you have sbmitted your docs at PEO(Like in postal application,you get a ref. number in 3-4 days)

I would really appreciate any inputs on this

Thanks
Ashish

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Fri Oct 28, 2011 11:06 am

1. If your application is not considered (by the caseworker) as a "straight-forward" application. No one but the caseworker can comment whether your application is a straight-forward one or not. You may think so, we may think so - but the caseworker may decide otherwise!

2. Yes, you'll be given a letter with a reference number ... just as every application is assigned one. But do note that if a decision on your application is deferred for any reason, your application will be as good as a postal application and may follow timelines similar to a postal application - and you may end up paying PEO fees for a postal application.
Life isn't fair, but you can be!

ashishashah
India

Post by ashishashah » Wed Nov 02, 2011 12:18 pm

Thanks for your comments...

So I am now really at a cross road..
Although I feel that my application shouldnt get rejected,there is always a risk...
My situation:HSMP/Tier1 expiring on 16th Nov
PEO appointment booked on:9th Nov..

PEO:I am jst thinking that in worst case, if my application gets rejected, I wont have any appeal rights as my visa would be still valid
Post:If i send my post instead,the reply would come back after my Visa expires and I will HAVE appeal rights..(Obviously postal application has more risks then PEO as I wont be able to answer case workers queries,bt i want to cover all possible scenarios)..
Any suggestion,which approch shd I take?I am having sleepless nights thinking abt. various possible options!!!

Thanks