ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Irish association application? PLEAS HELP!!!

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

courny

Irish association application? PLEAS HELP!!!

Post by courny » Fri Oct 28, 2011 9:52 pm

i would appreciate it if someone could help me out here.

i came to ireland as a minor aged 16 on a D join parent visa. my dad was a work permit holder and is now a naturalized irish citizen.
both my parents are naturalized irish citizens. my question is: am i eligible to apply based on irish association??

NB: came here aged 16, did 5th year and 6th year. took a year out. went to college. just finished with my undergrad now. been on a stamp 2's throughout.
am 26 years old now ( still have stamp 2, which is due to be changed to stamp 4 in the next few weeks). so basically I've been resident here for over 9 years.

really appreciate if anyone could hep me out.

courny

Re: Irish association application? PLEAS HELP!!!

Post by courny » Fri Oct 28, 2011 11:38 pm

anyoneee??? pleasee!!!

courny

Post by courny » Sun Oct 30, 2011 12:43 pm

jeez.... above 70 views and not a single person who resounded :(

courny

Post by courny » Sun Oct 30, 2011 2:08 pm

courny wrote:jeez.... above 70 views and not a single person who resounded :(
responded

realhope

Post by realhope » Sun Oct 30, 2011 6:57 pm

courny wrote:
courny wrote:jeez.... above 70 views and not a single person who resounded :(
responded
my advice, check with immigrant council of ireland. call them. they give you free advice on the phone on specific times and days. look up their website on google
WITH MY BEST WISHES FOR ALL WAITING FOR THE POSTMAN

IQU
Diamond Member

Post by IQU » Sun Oct 30, 2011 8:22 pm

i think you should visit www.inis.gov.ie citizenship section.all the details are there.

walrusgumble
BANNED

Re: Irish association application? PLEAS HELP!!!

Post by walrusgumble » Mon Oct 31, 2011 1:42 pm

courny wrote:i would appreciate it if someone could help me out here.

i came to ireland as a minor aged 16 on a D join parent visa. my dad was a work permit holder and is now a naturalized irish citizen.
both my parents are naturalized irish citizens. my question is: am i eligible to apply based on irish association??

NB: came here aged 16, did 5th year and 6th year. took a year out. went to college. just finished with my undergrad now. been on a stamp 2's throughout.
am 26 years old now ( still have stamp 2, which is due to be changed to stamp 4 in the next few weeks). so basically I've been resident here for over 9 years.

really appreciate if anyone could hep me out. thanks :)
Since your parents are now Naturalised, and IF you are still Under 18, your parents can make an application on your behalf. This would be processed within 6-8 months, and provided that you resided in Ireland, you will be grand.

If you are now over 18, however, you will have to make an application the normal way - ie 5 years residence.while under 16, you don't get a stamp, but should be able to use that period. By 16 you should have registered with GNIB, what stamp did you get?

Remember, the Minister has discretion and can waive requirements. There is nothing here to suggest that you don't meet the normal requirements, you should refer to the fact that your parents are Irish.