ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

UK in USA timeline of application

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

zackisback06

UK in USA timeline of application

Post by zackisback06 » Sat Oct 29, 2011 2:54 am

Does anyone have a timeline of applying and processing for their first Adult passport (C1 Application) through the British Embassy in Washington D.C.? thanks

Lucapooka
Respected Guru

Post by Lucapooka » Sat Oct 29, 2011 10:07 am

It took three months in the case of my British by descent daughter. Washington is now the hub for all passport applications in North, Central and South America and long waits are common. A friend recently waited five months but that was for an adult renewal rather than a child new issue.

If you have applied you can expect an even longer delay as, from your previous thread, it appears that you are not British and not eligible for a passport. They may take some time to come to that conclusion if they have to look into your background.

YVRtoLHR
Newly Registered

3 months?!

Post by YVRtoLHR » Sat Oct 29, 2011 5:53 pm

I too am applying for my first UK passport after my citizenship ceremony (citizenship by descent via UKM) on Nov 10, using a Registration certificate. I live in Canada & also go through Washington DC UKBA like everyone else in North America.

3 months is the longest I've heard. Although the website says up to 6 weeks, it's yet another waiting game... I'm expecting a long wait as I'm a first time applicant.

Lucapooka, when did you daughter apply for that passport? This year?