ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Child abroad and MN1 application possible?

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

harikora
Newly Registered

Child abroad and MN1 application possible?

Post by harikora » Sat Oct 29, 2011 7:42 pm

Friends,

I use this forum a lot and it has been very useful throughout my immigration journey. Many thanks for sharing information!

I am sure you will be able to guide me in this tricky situation. I and my wife recently received ILR. We have a 2 year old son who is born in UK. He had Tier 1 dependent visa which expired in AUG’11 as due to child care issues in UK he lives with my parent in India and couldn’t apply for ILR with our application. We now want to bring him here.

I am now confused, should I A) apply for ILR for him or B) go for nationality registration followed by British passport application. Considering his is India and we are in UK is option B possible?
If yes for option B, Can you please clarify if what step we have to take?

1. Which form to complete?

2.Where to apply?

3. What is the total time it would take for him to get passport?

Sorry for long story, I know there is lots of information in this forum about section 1(3) but I couldn’t find any applications done from abroad so will really like to get some guidance.

Regards

Lucapooka
Respected Guru

Post by Lucapooka » Sat Oct 29, 2011 7:53 pm

Page 31 of the guidance tells you where to send the application if you are not in the UK. You should also check the website of that suggested location for further information.

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/briti ... shcitizen/

harikora
Newly Registered

Post by harikora » Sat Oct 29, 2011 9:29 pm

Lucapooka wrote:Page 31 of the guidance tells you where to send the application if you are not in the UK. You should also check the website of that suggested location for further information.

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/briti ... shcitizen/
Thank you very much for quick reply.

do you know? if we apply from India to high commission in India does it get sent to UK? (Want to judge time because i want to call him back in 2-3 months), if the application is successful where will he be getting passport in India?

or can is travel on that document only?

also what fees and in what currencies?

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Sat Oct 29, 2011 10:22 pm

Life isn't fair, but you can be!

harikora
Newly Registered

Post by harikora » Sat Oct 29, 2011 11:17 pm

Thanks Sushdmehta for your prompt reply. you help me once before as well. :D

I have emailed VFS India and new Delhi British high commission asking them to clarify form, fees, currency payable-in and process times.

let's see if they reply.
regards

vinny

Post by vinny » Sun Oct 30, 2011 12:51 am

Don't accept no for an answer.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

harikora
Newly Registered

Post by harikora » Mon Nov 07, 2011 8:51 pm

VFS India says they do not have such procedure to accept such application and British high commission hasn't responded to my query.

I have chased them twice but no answer. what should I do?

vinny

Post by vinny » Mon Nov 07, 2011 10:03 pm

VFS do not normally deal with nationality applications. Contact their consular department nearest you.

Note their fees (no. 10) for forwarding registration applications to the UK.

Consular department has existing procedures.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

harshil223
United Kingdom

Post by harshil223 » Wed Nov 23, 2011 9:53 pm

vinny wrote:Don't accept no for an answer.
harikora, can you share outcome of your MN1 application?
I am in similar situation, Immigration Board members have advised me according to my situation and I am also thinking of applying MN1 from within India for my baby. Just considering hassle it may create compare to applying from UK.

shamm123
Newly Registered

Post by shamm123 » Wed Dec 05, 2012 11:03 pm

Can you let me know how you went about this situation please? It will really help me..Thanks..