ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Gaps in Stay on Tier 1

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

HSMPQueries

Gaps in Stay on Tier 1

Post by HSMPQueries » Sun Oct 30, 2011 4:31 pm

Senior Members,
I have a query for a friend of mine, he holds a Tier 1 visa which expires in March 2013 and was previously working in UK until 31st July 2011 and left the country immediately due to personal reasons.

He now wish to re enter UK in January 2012 and will be looking for a new job.

My query is as follows;

a) Can he re enter U.K. with my current Tier 1 Visa (which expired in March 2013) in January 2012 though he would have been outside U.K. for more than 5 months

b) Can he apply for extension to my Tier 1 visa in March 2013 if I am able to show 12 months of employment in the U.K. from January 2012 till March 2013

c) When he applies for a Tier 1 extension in March 2013, on what points system he will be evaluated. Will it based on points system that existed before 6th April 2010 or after 6th April 2010? As per the older point system he will get points for his Bachelors degree and would meet the points requirement, I the new one applies at the point of extension in March 2013 then he would not meet the extension criteria.

d) Would he receive a 3 year extension or a 2 year extension in March 2013?

He switched to a Tier 1 visa (from previously held HSMP) which was granted in March 2010 and looking to apply for another Tier 1 extension in 2013

Your help would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you.

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Re: Gaps in Stay on Tier 1

Post by geriatrix » Mon Oct 31, 2011 2:10 am

HSMPQueries wrote:a) Can he re enter U.K. with my current Tier 1 Visa (which expired in March 2013) in January 2012 though he would have been outside U.K. for more than 5 months

b) Can he apply for extension to my Tier 1 visa in March 2013 if I am able to show 12 months of employment in the U.K. from January 2012 till March 2013
? :roll:
Life isn't fair, but you can be!