ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

who can I ask at the council will do my accomm. check?

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Atmieast
Newly Registered

who can I ask at the council will do my accomm. check?

Post by Atmieast » Sun Jul 16, 2006 4:45 pm

RE SPOUSE VISA The IAS officer told me I should ask someone from the council to come and visit the accommodation I intend to live in with my spouse, and that this would provide most of the evidence I needed to pass the accomm test. But he could not tell me who specifically or which department of the council would carry out this for me. Is it environmental health perhaps.... any clue please?

On the subject, ofr those who don't know what they do: had a very good meeting with the Immigration Advisory Service a couple of weeks ago. The appointment was for 45 mins and I got to meet a very helpful solicitor who listened to the details of our case and checked through each of the requirements with me and advised our best course of action. This was tremendously helpful - do get in touch with them in your area... they run 'immigration surgeries' and you can even call them for help once a week for FREE. (well usually free, depending on where you live). Do a google seach and you will find their site, and be able to look up the nearest office to you. All the best!

badboyz

Post by badboyz » Sun Jul 16, 2006 9:26 pm

You can ask your housing officer if it is ok for your husband to live with you and for a letter stating a description of the property and who lives there and that there will be no objection for your spouse living there., it must be on official paper ( council letter head ) if it is from the council.

Mars007

Post by Mars007 » Sun Jul 16, 2006 11:09 pm

It costs around £100 go to your council and ask them you would like to have accommodation assessment done.

badboyz

Post by badboyz » Mon Jul 17, 2006 12:05 am

It cost me nothing.