ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Moving house/tier1

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

rpsarangi
Member of Standing

Moving house/tier1

Post by rpsarangi » Mon Oct 31, 2011 6:33 pm

I know i am asking a very strange query...But I am thinking about this since many days so I am asking if anybody seniors,members or moderators could throw some light..

I hold Tier1 General visa..which is due to be extended next year. The thing is that I am changing house and my new house will be in the 4th floor. So all my correspondence will be changed to that address. I am involved in self employed activities..So business activities and my business bank address will be in 4th floor address. I am worried about that... will that have a bad effect when I apply for the extension.??? or address doesnot hold any significance for the visa officer??? Please somebody comment on my worries..

Thanks all in advance.

Lucapooka
Respected Guru

Post by Lucapooka » Mon Oct 31, 2011 6:39 pm

It won't matter.

rpsarangi
Member of Standing

Post by rpsarangi » Mon Oct 31, 2011 6:42 pm

thanks Lucapooka for the reply.
so the invoices with the 4th floor address on it, is not a matter for the visa officer as long as all the papers are right.? so address is not a problem.,?
thanks

Lucapooka
Respected Guru

Post by Lucapooka » Mon Oct 31, 2011 6:47 pm

It won't matter as you won't be submitting invoices as evidence when you apply.

rpsarangi
Member of Standing

Post by rpsarangi » Mon Oct 31, 2011 6:53 pm

i think for self employed activities , the requirement is the invoices with the client name and address on it . which I had done last time when I initially applied . Its listed in the PDF requirement from the UKBA . I think I need to submit all my invoices with my application when i go for extension. I am a bit confused now. please help.

Lucapooka
Respected Guru

Post by Lucapooka » Mon Oct 31, 2011 7:05 pm

In your case, as a self-employed person, you must provide two from the following list:

Personal bank statements
Official tax document
Letter from your managing agent or accountant
Invoice explanations or payment summaries from your accountant
Company or business accounts.

Only if you are providing invoice explanations or payments summaries from your accountant will you need the actual invoices. Your accountant's explanation will be sufficient. The change of address won't matter.

rpsarangi
Member of Standing

Post by rpsarangi » Mon Oct 31, 2011 7:11 pm

thanks Lucapooka
So I am presuming that the 4th floor address wont be a problem for the visa officer for self employment.

thanks again for your help..
thanks

ScopeD
Member of Standing
United Kingdom

Post by ScopeD » Mon Oct 31, 2011 9:19 pm

rpsarangi wrote:So I am presuming that the 4th floor address wont be a problem for the visa officer for self employment.
what makes you emphasise on "the 4th floor address" and it being a potential problem???

rpsarangi
Member of Standing

Post by rpsarangi » Mon Oct 31, 2011 9:22 pm

It's because I was being told by a friend that he had a similar case last year and that ended in a problematic situation during extension.So worried about my situation now ..

Lucapooka
Respected Guru

Post by Lucapooka » Mon Oct 31, 2011 9:29 pm

Perhaps the paper he uses has a tendency to deteriorate rapidly at a certain altitude and the 4th floor level of a residential condominium could to be a threshold limit?

ScopeD
Member of Standing
United Kingdom

Post by ScopeD » Mon Oct 31, 2011 9:52 pm

Perhaps the paper he uses has a tendency to deteriorate rapidly at a certain altitude and the 4th floor level of a residential condominium could to be a threshold limit?
At that rate I fear all my paper will be renderred useless as it will turn into a gaseous state, since I work at a much higher ultitude
It's because I was being told by a friend that he had a similar case last year and that ended in a problematic situation during extension.So worried about my situation now ..
My guess is that your friend's case had other complications apart from the address. I cannot imagine a refusal by caseworker in the following manner "as your business is located on the 4th floor, you have not qualified for an extension... Your business should be on ground floor in order to score points". This is unlikely.

sriyab1
Newly Registered

Post by sriyab1 » Tue Nov 01, 2011 9:41 am

Hi,
Its also worth checking on the conditions to register with the police on new address, It is not compulsary for all Tier1 visas but applicants from some listed countries.

I shifted to a new rented house and entered both the adresses as required on the application form