ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Short on earnings - Tier 1 Extension

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

mensacorp
Newly Registered

Short on earnings - Tier 1 Extension

Post by mensacorp » Tue Nov 01, 2011 10:45 am

Hello guys,

Basically, to get my first extension at the end of 2012, I will need to show £35k gross income, however if I go with my current permanent job or dont get any new job, I probably will be short on earnings for about £5k.
I have heard some ways of using umbrella companies to compensate your income, so that you would have enough income to show while you are having your extension.

Is this really possible? As far as I searched, working with umbrella companies are only for contractors and self-employed people not for people like myself with full time permanent role. Is this true? :?:

Is there any way you could suggest using to show enough income for a Tier 1 Entension?

Thanks in advance

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Tue Nov 01, 2011 11:02 am

The "only way" to make up for the shortfall in earnings (that you need at minimum to qualify for extension) is to work more than one job.

Whether you do it as a self-employed or through employment with an umbrella company or in any other "legal"manner is your own choice.
Life isn't fair, but you can be!

sparsh

Post by sparsh » Tue Nov 01, 2011 11:21 am

Apart for salary have you considered bonus?? Even then if you are falling short then I would suggest you to find a new job (Permanent/Contract) job which will fetch you enough income to qualify for Tier 1 extension.

sam52
Newly Registered

Post by sam52 » Thu Sep 27, 2012 3:35 pm

sushdmehta wrote:The "only way" to make up for the shortfall in earnings (that you need at minimum to qualify for extension) is to work more than one job.

Whether you do it as a self-employed or through employment with an umbrella company or in any other "legal"manner is your own choice.
Hi Sushdmehta, for self employment earnings, would it be ok to provide consultancy service to a company where the consultancy is in regards to a new business they are planning to open? Can I in that case invoice the existing company for my services (will do Non-VAT invoice). Appreciate your views on this.Many thanks. Views of other experts are also welcomed :)

tier1Reading

Post by tier1Reading » Thu Sep 27, 2012 5:53 pm

sam52 wrote:
sushdmehta wrote:The "only way" to make up for the shortfall in earnings (that you need at minimum to qualify for extension) is to work more than one job.

Hi Sushdmehta, for self employment earnings, would it be ok to provide consultancy service to a company where the consultancy is in regards to a new business they are planning to open? Can I in that case invoice the existing company for my services (will do Non-VAT invoice). Appreciate your views on this.Many thanks. Views of other experts are also welcomed :)
Yes.

sam52
Newly Registered

Accountant letter and Bank statement

Post by sam52 » Mon Oct 15, 2012 4:58 pm

tier1Reading wrote:
sam52 wrote:

Yes.
Thanks for the reply buddy.

Can anyone please help me with one more query...tried to look for it on some other threads as well :(

For a tier 1 extension with self employed ( sole trader), the accountant has mentioned the gross sales and the net profit in the letter and I have another supporting document as the bank statement along with invoices raised for each month. Now, would home office be ok to relate the,lets say, 6 different amounts highlighted in bank statement with the gross/net amount mentioned in the accountants letter ? JUst to add to this, the letter from accountant does mentions the earning period .Appreciate your quick reply. Many thanks for the help.

sam52
Newly Registered

Re: Accountant letter and Bank statement

Post by sam52 » Tue Oct 16, 2012 7:07 am

sam52 wrote:
tier1Reading wrote:
sam52 wrote:

Yes.

Can anyone please help me with one more query...tried to look for it on some other threads as well :(

For a tier 1 extension with self employed ( sole trader), the accountant has mentioned the gross sales and the net profit in the letter and I have another supporting document as the bank statement along with invoices raised for each month. Now, would home office be ok to relate the,lets say, 6 different amounts highlighted in bank statement with the gross/net amount mentioned in the accountants letter ? JUst to add to this, the letter from accountant does mentions the earning period .Appreciate your quick reply. Many thanks for the help.
:!:

Gurus/experts, can you please reply on above.thanks.

sam52
Newly Registered

Re: Accountant letter and Bank statement

Post by sam52 » Tue Oct 16, 2012 7:07 am

sam52 wrote:
tier1Reading wrote:
sam52 wrote:

Yes.

:!:

Gurus/experts, can you please reply on above.thanks.