ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

please help girlfried student 1 week overstay going ,

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

lee-d
Newly Registered

please help girlfried student 1 week overstay going ,

Post by lee-d » Tue Nov 01, 2011 6:08 pm

hello,and thank you for looking and for the people that take there time to help,,
my girlfriend was here for 3 years to study and she did them,and this year she was granted a further 2 and a half years for her new course,which she got,but due to a cut in her student work hours ,which are now 20 and high rent and travel costs (preston to leeds),
she dropped out of her new course on september the 7th,this year.
I think she was allowed 60 days to find a new course again,and tried to raise the 5400 that blackpool college wanted,and we both tried as hard as we could but were still short and i think shes is going to have to fly back,,
now if she flies back she will be outside of the 60 days allowance to find another course by about a week or two depending on flights,
should she fly back ?how would being a overstayer for a week or two effect her future with me
or can we get married as thats what we want?
or can she fly home for a few months then come back on a visa to marry,
we have lived in the same building but in our own student rooms for a year but we have been going out for over two years,,
thank you so much for your help,in about 4 days she is a overstayer

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Tue Nov 01, 2011 8:47 pm

A short overstay shouldn't affect a future application to re-enter as a fiancee or spouse. She can apply for a fiance visa from her home country straight away if this is what you decide you both want to do...assuming you're both over the age of 21, have sufficient fiances to be self supporting without claiming Public Funds, can show evidence of a genuine relationship and have adequate accommodation. Apply on form VAF4a
You could marry here, but she would then have to return to her home country to apply for a spouse visa....assuming that her student visa will have expired. If the student visa was still valid after the wedding, she could apply on form FLR(M) to switch to spouse without leaving the UK. However, if this option is open to her, I'd advise a postal application rather than in person at a PEO due to the fact that she has ceased studying.

vinny

Post by vinny » Sun Apr 01, 2012 1:06 pm

lee-d wrote:hello,my fillipino girlfriend dropped out of collage to care for me as i was in an accident and it left me with severe health problems,
this was 4 months ago,she has a student visa but because she's now not studying-I think she is classed as an over stayer,,we have been in a relationship for 3 years and are very much in love,and im finding it hard to cope with my health conditions ,so the thought of having to cope with losing her and her help with looking after me,is really to much,,we are going to get married if we can?-but i dont know if this will help?,,we want to get married anyway even if it wont help,,we cant afford a solicitor as a previous training provider stole 3500 pounds on study fees,,we now have very little.,,

thank you for looking and any advice that your kind enough to give,
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.