ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Spouse visa for husband but wife not currently living in UK

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

nitas
Newly Registered

Spouse visa for husband but wife not currently living in UK

Post by nitas » Thu Nov 03, 2011 1:49 pm

Hi,

I got my UK citizenship in Oct 2010. I had come down to India for a holiday in Dec 2010 and met a nice person.
I then decided to come back to India in April 2011 and we have been staying together since then. We got married in Sept 2011 and both of us now wish to settle in UK.

I have not been working in UK since April 2011. I have a sum of about 20000 pounds in my UK bank account and draw minimum wages from my Limited Company every month. I used to live in a rented place in UK and have no residence address as of today.

I am currently working in India and dont wish to quit work till I am sure that my husband can get a spouse visa. I would appreciate any suggestions on whether :
1. I should go to UK, find a job and then apply for a spouse visa after 2-3 months OR
2. I should apply from here based on the fact that I have sufficient funds in my bank to support both of us till I find another job in UK and I also am drawing minimum wages and dividends from my limited company.

Could I please get some advice as to what would be a better option?

Thanks in anticipation.

batleykhan

Post by batleykhan » Thu Nov 03, 2011 1:56 pm

My advice would be to the first one, rather than latter.

Once you have found job, accommodation etc, then reapply for your hubby to come over

skyepark

Post by skyepark » Fri Nov 04, 2011 10:50 am

YOu can go over to the UK but you wont neccesarily need to find work, it is hard at the moment, you have your savings and a small wage coming in from your ltd company. It would be good for your husband to apply fo work in the UK and see what offers he gets. But since you're form India you may encounter more scrutinisation on your application so it might be better to get a job.

Aberdeen26
Newly Registered

Post by Aberdeen26 » Sun Nov 06, 2011 7:39 pm

hi

I would suggest the first one..As you have lots of money in your UK bank account,search for rented accommodation and then you can ask your husband to apply for spouse visa...

Immigration officer usually do not reject the application when the applicants family is in UK ..

There are lesser chances of getting visa for your husband when you both are in India...

nitas
Newly Registered

Post by nitas » Mon Nov 07, 2011 5:27 am

Thank you for all your feedback. It does look like going to UK and then applying for a spouse visa for my hubby is a better option.