ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

SAR File and invalid application - impact on ILR

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Ash2
Newly Registered

SAR File and invalid application - impact on ILR

Post by Ash2 » Fri Nov 04, 2011 12:08 am

Hi there

I am going to apply for ILR on the bases of 10 year Long residency rule
I have received SAR File now

Last limited leave to remain was given as PSW (Post Study Work ) Tier 1 on a " Subsequent " application / second attempt.

SAR file does not have record of first application which was made on 16 November 2011 which was considered invalid at first place claiming “New Fee was Not Paid"

The only information SAR File have: Application raised/received on 20 December 2011 Student visa expired on 30 Nov 2011 ( so it means according to SAR File I submitted my application 20 days after my visa expired)
Neither file have record of date when first application was made nor it has actual UKBA letter sent to myself dated on 30 Nov 2011

The letter sent on 30 Nov 2011 states and I quote,

"As this attempted application is invalid it does not have any bearing on the application's immigration status. Any leave therefore, is not extended by virtue of Section 3C of the immigration ACT 1971 and expiry of the applicant's leave remains unaffected by this attempted application. Any subsequent valid applications will be considered as being made on the date on which they are submitted to the appropriate address as specified on the application form."

With subsequent application I sent covering letter and proved that I sent correct fee and I categorically mentioned that UKBA had made a mistake.

Apart from last application for LTR, all visa extension applications were made well before each visa expired.

As, I made my first PSW application on time (and because of UKBA mistake it was not considered) it has not included in SAR File too , is it going to affect my ILR application. Is it normal if an application to be considered invalid and not included in SAR File?

Your answer would be much appreciated

Kind Regards

mercy4

SIMILAR SITUATION NEEDS URGENT HELP PLEASE

Post by mercy4 » Fri Nov 04, 2011 9:11 am

I'm also in similar situation. I made in time postal application in last week of Feb,2003 when visa expired 27/02/04 and application raised on 16/03/04 GCID but I have lost postal receipts.
UKBA claimed that thus date received my application on refusal notice.
But on GCID Case Record Sheet, Valid,date 16/03/04, FLR(S) application, no mention of Out of Time /in time
Visa Granted

Please need your urgent advice.
Thanks

Re: SIMILAR SITUATION NEEDS URGENT HELP PLEASE

Post by 2012 » Fri Nov 04, 2011 10:28 am

mercy4 wrote:I'm also in similar situation. I made in time postal application in last week of Feb,2003 when visa expired 27/02/04 and application raised on 16/03/04 GCID but I have lost postal receipts.
UKBA claimed that thus date received my application on refusal notice.
But on GCID Case Record Sheet, Valid,date 16/03/04, FLR(S) application, no mention of Out of Time /in time
Visa Granted

Please need your urgent advice.
Thanks
(Mercy 4)

I m a bit confused on u post as u said that you made an application in last week of Feb 2004. Your visa expired on the 27/02/2004. Now if you have lost the postal receipts then your SAR should have information about all the applications.

I ordered my husband's SAR file and it has all the pages for each application along with the dates received by UKBA, recorded delivery/special delivery number. It also has wen the application was raised on the system. It also says if the application was in time or not. So i do not understand why can not u see that information on the SAR? SAR file format is same for everybody as all the mandatory information needs to be entered on the system as i explained above.

mercy4

Post by mercy4 » Fri Nov 04, 2011 8:43 pm

Thanks for your concern.
Very unfortunate I don't such detail information and my friends (UKBA) has taken advantage of me loosing the postal receipts to cause me sleepless nights and emotional truma. UKBA also don't have the postal mark.
But God makes way when there seems no way.