ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier -1 Extension and switching to Limited company

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

UKVISAIMG
Newly Registered

Tier -1 Extension and switching to Limited company

Post by UKVISAIMG » Fri Nov 04, 2011 12:56 pm

Hi,

I am an IT contractor and currently using the Umbrella company (current status is Employed with Umbrella company), but planning to switch to my own Limited company (my status would change to self employed).
I have Tier -1 extension coming up in March 2012 and for my Tier -1 extension, I am planning to use the Salary statement from 01 April 2011 to 30 Oct 2011 (7 months), which is covering my earning requirements.

Now the questions are,

1. Will there be any issue with my Tier -1 extension?, If I switch to Limited company before applying for Extension as my status would change to self employed and I will be showing the salary statements from my last employer (Umbrella Company).
2. Do I need to show minimum 12 month salary statements in last 15 months or 7 months salary statements in last 15 months are enough if it’s covering my earnings requirements.

Please can you reply to this post, I would really appreciate your help.

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Fri Nov 04, 2011 1:49 pm

Life isn't fair, but you can be!