ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Schengen Visa Doubts - Urgent

Immigration to European countries, don't post UK or Ireland related topics!

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

tcesenthil
Newly Registered

Schengen Visa Doubts - Urgent

Post by tcesenthil » Tue Jul 18, 2006 2:39 pm

Hi all,
I've got couple of questions regarding Schengen Visa.

My Requirements,

1) I will be entering Belgium and my duration of stay may be 5 to 6 months continously.
2) Then I will have to leave to another Schengen Country.
3) Again, i will have to stay may be 5 to 6 continous months.
4) Purpose of Travel - Work (Employed by an Indian Company to do IT Services for a Belgium concern)
This would repeat to some 3/4 countries in a span of 2 years.

My Questions,

1) Should i get a Schengen Visa or Work Permit or both ?

2) If my stay is maximum 90 days, what is this 6 month period ? I dont understand.

" Your stay is limited to 90 days within any 6 month period. The total duration of stay, whether one or several visits, may not exceed three months within half a year and the visitor must leave the Schengen countries before the expiring date of the visa. "

3) If i get a multiple entry visa, how is this 90 days calculated. Is it calculated per entry, or the 90 days includes all the entries ?

4) If my visa/work permit gets expired during my stay over there, Will i be able to apply for an extension from there itself ?

scrudu

Post by scrudu » Tue Jul 18, 2006 4:12 pm

As far as I know the Schengen Visa is only for the purposes of tourism, not work. Therefore, you would be required to obtain a work visa/permit

gani999

Post by gani999 » Tue Jul 18, 2006 4:49 pm

Since you are planning to stay for more than three months, you will need a work permit and a residence permit.